PDA

View Full Version : CAI 302 Utility Program questions

Andy Smielkiewicz
March 16th 05, 04:14 AM
Just got a 302 and playing with it at home (another few weeks till soaring
weather).
My intended glider setup is 302 and ipaq with WinPilot (302 is an upgrade of
my old system of Borgelt B50, Volkslogger and WinPilot on ipaq).
I've hooked up an ipaq and connected with 302 via Cambridge IQ255 utility.

"configure instrument" screen of the utility has several options not
explained in the manual:
- arrival radius - I'm assuming is a turnpoint cylinder radius (0.5km)
- approach radius - ?? would it be a radius around a turnpoint I'd like 302
to decrease the logging interval to 1s?
- goal height -??

What indications does the 302 give when approach radius and arrival radius
are crossed? (with no 303 NAV).

One more - what is "ASI zero offset"?
Manual says it should be less than 1000, but gives no explanation of what it
is...

Thanks.

Andy

Nick Gilbert
March 16th 05, 08:28 AM
Are you connecting your PC to the instrument with a USB/Serial adaptor? Some
people have been having problems doing this with the C302, yet it works fine
with the GPS-Nav.

Nick.

"Andy Smielkiewicz" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Just got a 302 and playing with it at home (another few weeks till soaring
> weather).
> My intended glider setup is 302 and ipaq with WinPilot (302 is an upgrade
> of my old system of Borgelt B50, Volkslogger and WinPilot on ipaq).
> I've hooked up an ipaq and connected with 302 via Cambridge IQ255
> utility.
>
> "configure instrument" screen of the utility has several options not
> explained in the manual:
> - arrival radius - I'm assuming is a turnpoint cylinder radius (0.5km)
> - approach radius - ?? would it be a radius around a turnpoint I'd like
> 302 to decrease the logging interval to 1s?
> - goal height -??
>
> What indications does the 302 give when approach radius and arrival radius
> are crossed? (with no 303 NAV).
>
> One more - what is "ASI zero offset"?
> Manual says it should be less than 1000, but gives no explanation of what
> it is...
>
> Thanks.
>

> Andy

Andy Smielkiewicz
March 16th 05, 01:32 PM
I can not connect to PC (no serial port on mine and I didn't buy a
usb/serial adaptor).
I use the ipaq version of the utility.

Andy

"Nick Gilbert" > wrote in message
> Are you connecting your PC to the instrument with a USB/Serial adaptor?
> Some people have been having problems doing this with the C302, yet it
> works fine with the GPS-Nav.
>
> Nick.
>
> "Andy Smielkiewicz" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>> Just got a 302 and playing with it at home (another few weeks till
>> soaring weather).
>> My intended glider setup is 302 and ipaq with WinPilot (302 is an upgrade
>> of my old system of Borgelt B50, Volkslogger and WinPilot on ipaq).
>> I've hooked up an ipaq and connected with 302 via Cambridge IQ255
>> utility.
>>
>> "configure instrument" screen of the utility has several options not
>> explained in the manual:
>> - arrival radius - I'm assuming is a turnpoint cylinder radius (0.5km)
>> - approach radius - ?? would it be a radius around a turnpoint I'd like
>> 302 to decrease the logging interval to 1s?
>> - goal height -??
>>
>> What indications does the 302 give when approach radius and arrival
>> radius are crossed? (with no 303 NAV).
>>
>> One more - what is "ASI zero offset"?
>> Manual says it should be less than 1000, but gives no explanation of what
>> it is...
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> Andy

Google