PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter headset plug - help needed

NewsGroups
September 7th 04, 12:17 PM
I need some help for a customer on wiring a helicopter headset plug into
the XCOM rado.

The plug in question is known as a Nexus plug or a US Nato plug or a
U-174/U or a TP-101, you can see how it becomes hard to find out what
this really is.....

Does anyone know what the different connectors are ??

Tip 1
Ring 2
Ring 3
Ring 4

Thanks in advance.... Michael Coates

Juan Jimenez
September 7th 04, 02:18 PM
NewsGroups > wrote in news:newscache$1p4o3i$b02$1
@elise.onthenet.com.au:

> I need some help for a customer on wiring a helicopter headset plug into
> the XCOM rado.
>
> The plug in question is known as a Nexus plug or a US Nato plug or a
> U-174/U or a TP-101, you can see how it becomes hard to find out what
> this really is.....
>
> Does anyone know what the different connectors are ??
>
> Tip 1
> Ring 2
> Ring 3
> Ring 4
>
> Thanks in advance.... Michael Coates

U-174/U goes like this:

Tip is + Mike
Ring 1 is + Audio
Ring 2 is Gnd Mike
Ring 3 is Gnd Audio

Richard Lamb
September 7th 04, 11:34 PM
NewsGroups wrote:

> I need some help for a customer on wiring a helicopter headset plug into
> the XCOM rado.
>
> The plug in question is known as a Nexus plug or a US Nato plug or a
> U-174/U or a TP-101, you can see how it becomes hard to find out what
> this really is.....
>
> Does anyone know what the different connectors are ??
>
> Tip 1
> Ring 2
> Ring 3
> Ring 4
>
> Thanks in advance.... Michael Coates

I have an old Army SPH-4 (Viet Nam style helicopter type - well duh)
and use an adapter cable I got at flighthelmets.com (?).

If you find out what the rings connect to, let me know?

Richard

Richard Lamb
September 7th 04, 11:35 PM
Juan Jimenez wrote:

> NewsGroups > wrote in news:newscache$1p4o3i$b02$1
> @elise.onthenet.com.au:
>
> > I need some help for a customer on wiring a helicopter headset plug into
> > the XCOM rado.
> >
> > The plug in question is known as a Nexus plug or a US Nato plug or a
> > U-174/U or a TP-101, you can see how it becomes hard to find out what
> > this really is.....
> >
> > Does anyone know what the different connectors are ??
> >
> > Tip 1
> > Ring 2
> > Ring 3
> > Ring 4
> >
> > Thanks in advance.... Michael Coates
> >

> U-174/U goes like this:
>
> Tip is + Mike
> Ring 1 is + Audio
> Ring 2 is Gnd Mike
> Ring 3 is Gnd Audio

Man! Ask and ye shall receive!

Thanks Juan

Juan Jimenez
September 8th 04, 05:21 PM
Richard Lamb > wrote in
:

> Juan Jimenez wrote:
>>
>> NewsGroups > wrote in news:newscache$1p4o3i$b02$1
>> @elise.onthenet.com.au:
>>
>> > I need some help for a customer on wiring a helicopter headset plug
>> > into the XCOM rado.
>> >
>> > The plug in question is known as a Nexus plug or a US Nato plug or
>> > a U-174/U or a TP-101, you can see how it becomes hard to find out
>> > what this really is.....
>> >
>> > Does anyone know what the different connectors are ??
>> >
>> > Tip 1
>> > Ring 2
>> > Ring 3
>> > Ring 4
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.... Michael Coates
>> >

>> U-174/U goes like this:
>>
>> Tip is + Mike
>> Ring 1 is + Audio
>> Ring 2 is Gnd Mike
>> Ring 3 is Gnd Audio
>

> Man! Ask and ye shall receive!
>
> Thanks Juan

My pleasure, glad to be of help. (My helmet has one of these, short cable,
with longer adapter to regular GA plugs,)

Juan

Google