PDA

View Full Version : Presidential Helicopter

Helowriter
March 16th 05, 01:00 PM
Despite all the politics and planted press coverage around the VXX
decision, has no one has noticed that the Navy chose a less-safe,
lower-performance helicopter for the Marines to carry the President of
the United States? Coalition payback aside (and oops, the Italians
just announced they're pulling out of Iraq), this is not a good thing.

Just by virtue of when the S-92 and EH101 were designed, the VH-92 was
a generation ahead of the US101 in safety and crashworthiness. A lot of
the flaw-tolerant design methods used in the VH-92 just didn't exist
when the EH101/US101 was designed. Now we're going to pay the Italians
to bring the EH101 structures up to modern standards for
crashworthiness, birdstrike protection, etc. And to get a wider cabin,
the President will spend the next 30 years riding above fuel tanks.

And oh yeah, Lockheed Martin also has to build a whole new secure
manufacturing and support setup to include foreign workers in factories
offshore.

Hopefully, if the US101 runs late and over budget, we all get another
chance at a new Marine One.

Starshiy Nemo
March 16th 05, 07:27 PM
NoPe
NH-90 is largely ahead of the two contenders!!!!

Helowriter
March 16th 05, 07:40 PM
Says who? NH-90 doesn't have the cabin volume.

Starshiy Nemo
March 16th 05, 08:17 PM
Is M. Bush so Fat?

Per Nordenberg
March 16th 05, 11:04 PM
"Helowriter" > skrev i meddelandet
oups.com...
> Says who? NH-90 doesn't have the cabin volume.

If the problem is lack of height in the cabin the NH-90 can be ordered with an extra 30 cm height,
just like those on order for the Swedish armed forces.

http://www.hkpflj.mil.se/ronneby/photo.php?id=79713&nid=23433

Regards,

Per Nordenberg

Helowriter
March 18th 05, 03:36 PM
If we're talking Presidential transport, it's headroom and length, and
(I'm not sure about width on the NH-90 cabin. Northrop Grumman is
pitching the NH-90 for the US Air Force Personnel Recovery Vehicle, and
that seems to need a cabin somewhere between the MH-60G and PRV.

As to Mr. Bush's dimensions, he was not the one feeding off the
oil-for-food program with Saddam Hussein. Apparently, that was Jacques
Chirac's feeding spot.

HW

Starshiy Nemo
March 18th 05, 05:20 PM
No need for Chirac...But Bush largely needed Ben Laden money to pay for
his bankrupted oil cy....

Google