PDA

View Full Version : Numbers on predictor line of xcsoar?

Chris Behm
February 14th 20, 02:48 AM
I'm a newbie. I've done some searching, but i can't find info on the four numbers on the predictor heading line on my xcsoar display.
Can someone explain what the numbers are please?
Thanks in advance.

Senna Van den Bosch
February 14th 20, 09:55 AM
Op vrijdag 14 februari 2020 03:48:21 UTC+1 schreef Chris Behm:
> I'm a newbie. I've done some searching, but i can't find info on the four numbers on the predictor heading line on my xcsoar display.
> Can someone explain what the numbers are please?
> Thanks in advance.

Could you please provide a screenshot to analyse?

Christophe Mutricy
February 14th 20, 10:46 AM
At 02:48 14 February 2020, Chris Behm wrote:
>I'm a newbie. I've done some searching, but i can't find info on the four
>numbers on the predictor heading line on my xcsoar display.
>Can someone explain what the numbers are please?
>Thanks in advance.

They are Detour cost markers. See section 13.6 of the manual.

It is the percentage increase of the distance if you fly to the number and
then the target compared with if you fly straight to the target from your
current location.

--
Xtophe

Chris Behm
February 15th 20, 04:45 AM
On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 1:55:57 AM UTC-8, Senna Van den Bosch wrote:
> Op vrijdag 14 februari 2020 03:48:21 UTC+1 schreef Chris Behm:
> > I'm a newbie. I've done some searching, but i can't find info on the four numbers on the predictor heading line on my xcsoar display.
> > Can someone explain what the numbers are please?
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> Could you please provide a screenshot to analyse?

I wish I knew how to post a screen shot here. Can I just drag it into the text field?

Chris Behm
February 15th 20, 04:47 AM
On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 3:00:06 AM UTC-8, Christophe Mutricy wrote:
> At 02:48 14 February 2020, Chris Behm wrote:
> >I'm a newbie. I've done some searching, but i can't find info on the four
> >numbers on the predictor heading line on my xcsoar display.
> >Can someone explain what the numbers are please?
> >Thanks in advance.
> >

> They are Detour cost markers. See section 13.6 of the manual.
>
> It is the percentage increase of the distance if you fly to the number and
> then the target compared with if you fly straight to the target from your
> current location.
>
> --
> Xtophe
Christophe!

Thank you, you are correct, and I appreciate the time that you have saved me. Thanks again.

Regards,
Christopher

Martin Gregorie[_6_]
February 15th 20, 12:32 PM
On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 20:45:47 -0800, Chris Behm wrote:

> On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 1:55:57 AM UTC-8, Senna Van den Bosch
> wrote:
>> Op vrijdag 14 februari 2020 03:48:21 UTC+1 schreef Chris Behm:
>> > I'm a newbie. I've done some searching, but i can't find info on the
>> > four numbers on the predictor heading line on my xcsoar display.
>> > Can someone explain what the numbers are please?
>> > Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Could you please provide a screenshot to analyse?
>
> I wish I knew how to post a screen shot here. Can I just drag it into
> the text field?

No - but you can put it on PasteBin or a similar website and post a link
to that.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org