PDA

View Full Version : L33 Hydraulic Conversion ANQ (Another Noob Question)

Shaun Wheeler
February 22nd 20, 04:53 PM
Now that it's passed it's annual I'm curious if there's a conversion kit for hydraulic brakes? Has anybody in the US done one? I see at least two kits (not aircraft specific) on W&W from Tost but haven't come up with much else. If there's already an approved EASA version of this it'd really be handy but I'm not finding much online so far, probably looking in the wrong place.

Dan Marotta
February 22nd 20, 07:54 PM
For what kind of aircraft?Â* Standard or Experimental?

Take a look at Beringer <https://www.beringer-aero.com/en/wheels-brakes>.

On 2/22/2020 9:53 AM, Shaun Wheeler wrote:
> Now that it's passed it's annual I'm curious if there's a conversion kit for hydraulic brakes? Has anybody in the US done one? I see at least two kits (not aircraft specific) on W&W from Tost but haven't come up with much else. If there's already an approved EASA version of this it'd really be handy but I'm not finding much online so far, probably looking in the wrong place.
>

--
Dan, 5J

Charles Longley
February 23rd 20, 12:59 AM
He said L-33 in the title. I work on a couple of L-33’s. I don’t think anyone makes a hydraulic brake conversion. The wheel on it is proprietary Blanik. It’s the same wheel off L-23 and 13’s. Interestingly it was supposed to be set up to retract but they never got around to it.

Shaun Wheeler
February 23rd 20, 06:15 AM
On Saturday, February 22, 2020 at 6:59:37 PM UTC-6, Charles Longley wrote:
> He said L-33 in the title. I work on a couple of L-33’s. I don’t think anyone makes a hydraulic brake conversion. The wheel on it is proprietary Blanik. It’s the same wheel off L-23 and 13’s. Interestingly it was supposed to be set up to retract but they never got around to it.

Thanks for answering. The only two non-aircraft specific conversions I found were strictly for Tost wheels. Guess I'll stop trying to find something to tinker with and just fly it for a while :)

Charles Longley
February 25th 20, 05:25 AM
They’re really nice flying airplanes!

Google