PDA

View Full Version : Sport Pilot Article

10Squared
March 27th 05, 04:22 PM
wrote:

> "Rod Madsen" > wrote:
>
>> > I believe the article was in an AOPA or EAA publication within the last
>> > several months. I've looked through my stack but cannot find it.
>> >
>> > Does anyone remember the magazine and issue?
>> >
>> I think it was the April issue of Flying. I just trashed my copy
>> yesterday or I would check to be sure.
>
> The April issue of Flying has one page answering two questions about
> Sport Pilot -- one about a flight review from Private Pilot to Sport
> Pilot and another about an amphibian that would qualify under
> light-sport weight and performance standards. It refers readers to go to
> EAA's sport pilot website for more info.

Take a look at pp 91-92.

Carl Ellis
March 27th 05, 05:37 PM
I am looking for an article regarding aircraft qualifying for Sport Pilot.
The thrust of the article was beware when purchasing an aircraft for Sport
Pilot. Be sure to carefully examine the logs for anything that would take
the aircraft out of category - even if the modification has been removed.
Once out, the aircraft no longer qualifies.

I believe the article was in an AOPA or EAA publication within the last
several months. I've looked through my stack but cannot find it.

Does anyone remember the magazine and issue?

Thanks,

- Carl -

Rod Madsen
March 27th 05, 08:24 PM
> I believe the article was in an AOPA or EAA publication within the last
> several months. I've looked through my stack but cannot find it.
>
> Does anyone remember the magazine and issue?

I think it was the April issue of Flying. I just trashed my copy yesterday
or I would check to be sure.

Rod

March 27th 05, 08:42 PM
"Rod Madsen" > wrote:

> > I believe the article was in an AOPA or EAA publication within the last
> > several months. I've looked through my stack but cannot find it.
> >
> > Does anyone remember the magazine and issue?
> >
> I think it was the April issue of Flying. I just trashed my copy yesterday
> or I would check to be sure.

The April issue of Flying has one page answering two questions about
Sport Pilot -- one about a flight review from Private Pilot to Sport
Pilot and another about an amphibian that would qualify under
light-sport weight and performance standards. It refers readers to go to
EAA's sport pilot website for more info.

Carl Ellis
March 27th 05, 09:01 PM
Found it!

Page 92 of the March 2005 Private Pilot magazine.

- Carl -

Jimbob
March 27th 05, 11:33 PM
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 08:37:32 -0800, Carl Ellis
> wrote:

>I am looking for an article regarding aircraft qualifying for Sport Pilot.
>The thrust of the article was beware when purchasing an aircraft for Sport
>Pilot. Be sure to carefully examine the logs for anything that would take
>the aircraft out of category - even if the modification has been removed.
>Once out, the aircraft no longer qualifies.
>
>I believe the article was in an AOPA or EAA publication within the last
>several months. I've looked through my stack but cannot find it.
>
>Does anyone remember the magazine and issue?
>
>Thanks,
>
>- Carl -

I haven't seen the article but I am real curious. Would this be
referring to an s-lsa or standard/experimental operating under
sportpilot rules?

Jim

http://www.unconventional-wisdom.org

Montblack
March 28th 05, 01:22 AM
<Xmnushal8y>
<snip>
> It refers readers to go to EAA's sport pilot website for more info.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but that website doesn't quite do it for
me. A little dissapointing.

Montblack

Carl Ellis
March 28th 05, 01:53 AM
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:33:05 GMT, Jimbob wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 08:37:32 -0800, Carl Ellis
> > wrote:
>

>>I am looking for an article regarding aircraft qualifying for Sport Pilot.
>>The thrust of the article was beware when purchasing an aircraft for Sport
>>Pilot. Be sure to carefully examine the logs for anything that would take
>>the aircraft out of category - even if the modification has been removed.
>>Once out, the aircraft no longer qualifies.
>>
>>I believe the article was in an AOPA or EAA publication within the last
>>several months. I've looked through my stack but cannot find it.
>>
>>Does anyone remember the magazine and issue?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>- Carl -
>

> I haven't seen the article but I am real curious. Would this be
> referring to an s-lsa or standard/experimental operating under
> sportpilot rules?
>

> Jim
>
> http://www.unconventional-wisdom.org

The article referred to latter. I don't know about the former.

- Carl -

Cub Driver
March 28th 05, 12:21 PM
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 08:37:32 -0800, Carl Ellis
> wrote:

>I believe the article was in an AOPA or EAA publication

Sounds more like EAA.

The EAA website has a page on planes qualifying under LSA rules. Of
course, there are new ones every day, including this Cub lookalike
from America Legend Aircraft:
http://p196.ezboard.com/fwarbirdsforumfrm7.showMessage?topicID=100.topic

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum: www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum: www.pipercubforum.com
the blog: www.danford.net

gilan
April 3rd 05, 03:48 PM
You could always just go to the Sport Pilot websites for information.

http://www.sportpilot.org/index.html

http://www.aerosports.org/

or try asking on this Light-Sport Aircraft dedicated news group.

Have a good day and stay out of the trees!
See ya on Sport Aircraft group

--
Florida Flying Gators Fly-in
http://www.mitchellwing.com/flying_gators_annual_fly.htm

"Carl Ellis" wrote ...

> I am looking for an article regarding aircraft qualifying for Sport Pilot.
> The thrust of the article was beware when purchasing an aircraft for Sport
> Pilot. Be sure to carefully examine the logs for anything that would take
> the aircraft out of category - even if the modification has been removed.
> Once out, the aircraft no longer qualifies.
>
> I believe the article was in an AOPA or EAA publication within the last
> several months. I've looked through my stack but cannot find it.
>
> Does anyone remember the magazine and issue?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Carl -

Google