PDA

View Full Version : SeeYou VS StrePla :---)

Matthieu
March 28th 05, 04:43 AM
I don't want to start any war between the SeeYou church and the StrePla
one here.

However I would greatly appreciate any insite or advise regarding those
2 similar software.

Many thanks in advance.

Matthieu

March 28th 05, 06:26 AM
I'd ask Paul Remde www.cumulus-soaring.com ,he sells both programs.

I personally use the StrePla3 program and have been happy with it, but
I chose that program because the Volklogger that I have comes with a
basic version of StrePla, so I was already familiar with StrePla's
layout. In addition, upgrading from the free Volkslogger OEM version
of StrePla to StrePla3 cost me $85 (now $93) the SeeYou would have cost
me about double what I spent.

Those that I know who use the SeeYou are quite happy with their choice
too!

Mike

Matthieu wrote:
> I don't want to start any war between the SeeYou church and the
StrePla
> one here.
>
> However I would greatly appreciate any insite or advise regarding
those
> 2 similar software.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Matthieu

Mal.com
March 28th 05, 11:17 AM
I use both and like both.

Mal

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'd ask Paul Remde www.cumulus-soaring.com ,he sells both programs.
>
> I personally use the StrePla3 program and have been happy with it, but
> I chose that program because the Volklogger that I have comes with a
> basic version of StrePla, so I was already familiar with StrePla's
> layout. In addition, upgrading from the free Volkslogger OEM version
> of StrePla to StrePla3 cost me $85 (now $93) the SeeYou would have cost
> me about double what I spent.
>
> Those that I know who use the SeeYou are quite happy with their choice
> too!
>
> Mike
>

> Matthieu wrote:
>> I don't want to start any war between the SeeYou church and the
> StrePla
>> one here.
>>
>> However I would greatly appreciate any insite or advise regarding
> those
>> 2 similar software.
>>
>> Many thanks in advance.
>>
>> Matthieu

Denis
April 3rd 05, 12:10 PM
Matthieu a écrit :
> I don't want to start any war between the SeeYou church and the StrePla
> one here.
>
> However I would greatly appreciate any insite or advise regarding those
> 2 similar software.

I don't know StrePla, thus it will not ne a comparison, but :

SeeYou has a built-in possibility of scoring 'competitions' (you may use
it to compare your flights of the day in normal club flying if you wish)

It has a good 3D view using best terrain model available (100 m grid)
and any satellite pictures you wish - for example Landsat @ 15m/pixel or
MODIS weather picture @ 250m resolution

See precalibrated pictures at http://meteo.deltafox.net/landsat.html

--
Denis

R. Parce que ça rompt le cours normal de la conversation !!!
Q. Pourquoi ne faut-il pas répondre au-dessus de la question ?

Google