PDA

View Full Version : Mig 21 @ OSH

March 29th 05, 09:05 PM
I'm going to ask the collective wisdom:
I remember in my comings and goings at OSH every summer a collection of
classic jets, including a Mig 21. (but I remember a Hunter, Mig 15,
Fouga?) Usually parked over by the warbird area. Are they owned by EAA?
Are they airworthy? Where are they kept?
I asked a person at the counter of the museum about 3 months ago, and
they of course didn't have the first clue as to what I was talking
about...
More curious than anything else. I vaguely remember something about EAA
coming into this collection but then nothing else.

Ryan
Madison, WI

Jay Honeck
March 30th 05, 04:37 PM
> I remember in my comings and goings at OSH every summer a collection of
> classic jets, including a Mig 21. (but I remember a Hunter, Mig 15,
> Fouga?) Usually parked over by the warbird area. Are they owned by EAA?

Well, they've been there forever -- they must be owned by EAA.

They are not airworthy. (Some of the canopies are painted over from the
inside.)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Ditch
March 31st 05, 09:55 PM
They used to belong to a dude in Texas (I can't remember his name off
hand...Jim something or other) and then he donated them to the EAA back in
the early 90's. At the time of donation, they were all airworthy.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm going to ask the collective wisdom:
> I remember in my comings and goings at OSH every summer a collection of
> classic jets, including a Mig 21. (but I remember a Hunter, Mig 15,
> Fouga?) Usually parked over by the warbird area. Are they owned by EAA?
> Are they airworthy? Where are they kept?
> I asked a person at the counter of the museum about 3 months ago, and
> they of course didn't have the first clue as to what I was talking
> about...
> More curious than anything else. I vaguely remember something about EAA
> coming into this collection but then nothing else.
>
> Ryan
> Madison, WI

Ditch
April 1st 05, 03:17 AM
Get to answer myself here. The person who owned the jets was Jim Robinson
and he started the Combat Jets Flying Museum. In addition to the MiG, he had
a Hawker Hunter, Soko Galeb, and an A-4B Skyhawk. There are probably a few
more I am missing.

"Ditch" > wrote in message
> They used to belong to a dude in Texas (I can't remember his name off
> hand...Jim something or other) and then he donated them to the EAA back in
> the early 90's. At the time of donation, they were all airworthy.
>

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > I'm going to ask the collective wisdom:
> > I remember in my comings and goings at OSH every summer a collection of
> > classic jets, including a Mig 21. (but I remember a Hunter, Mig 15,
> > Fouga?) Usually parked over by the warbird area. Are they owned by EAA?
> > Are they airworthy? Where are they kept?
> > I asked a person at the counter of the museum about 3 months ago, and
> > they of course didn't have the first clue as to what I was talking
> > about...
> > More curious than anything else. I vaguely remember something about EAA
> > coming into this collection but then nothing else.
> >
> > Ryan
> > Madison, WI

Google