PDA

View Full Version : Gangbuster Conditions in Nephi Today!

Daniel Sazhin[_2_]
April 1st 20, 02:48 PM
Hey Guys,

16,000ft, 8 knot thermals in Nephi today! Let's go fly... https://soaringeconomist.com/2020/04/01/gangbusters-conditions-today-in-nephi/

All the best,
Daniel

April 1st 20, 02:58 PM
Is’nt that how it goes lol. The best wx is always on a monday, in a neighboring state, when there is no tow pilot available or in the midst of an epidemic lol. But, if I had the gear, I would learn the sim stuff and join you fellows on line. You really can teach old dogs some new tricks. My worry however, is after flying those high performance birds on the sim, making 40 mile final glides, I would get spoiled and have to buy a real one lol. Sometimes its better to not know what your missing lol.

Dan

Daniel Sazhin[_2_]
April 1st 20, 03:08 PM
On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 9:58:30 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> Is’nt that how it goes lol. The best wx is always on a monday, in a neighboring state, when there is no tow pilot available or in the midst of an epidemic lol. But, if I had the gear, I would learn the sim stuff and join you fellows on line. You really can teach old dogs some new tricks. My worry however, is after flying those high performance birds on the sim, making 40 mile final glides, I would get spoiled and have to buy a real one lol. Sometimes its better to not know what your missing lol.
>
> Dan

Nah, a glider is a glider. I've gone from a 1-26 one day to a Duckhawk the next, to a Grob the following day, then a LS4 and then back into a 1-26.

It's all the same. The fun is in the soaring and they are all great soaring machines.

Just go fly!

All the best,
Daniel

April 1st 20, 04:23 PM
On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 9:58:30 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> Is’nt that how it goes lol. The best wx is always on a monday, in a neighboring state, when there is no tow pilot available or in the midst of an epidemic lol. But, if I had the gear, I would learn the sim stuff and join you fellows on line. You really can teach old dogs some new tricks. My worry however, is after flying those high performance birds on the sim, making 40 mile final glides, I would get spoiled and have to buy a real one lol. Sometimes its better to not know what your missing lol.
>
> Dan

It is fun to go fly the same Condor task in a wonder machine then do it in a 1-26. Or vice versa.

2G
April 1st 20, 09:53 PM
On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 6:48:09 AM UTC-7, Daniel Sazhin wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> 16,000ft, 8 knot thermals in Nephi today! Let's go fly... https://soaringeconomist.com/2020/04/01/gangbusters-conditions-today-in-nephi/
>
> All the best,
> Daniel

WOW! All your badges AND 750k, 1000k Diplomas in a 1-26!! I don't think I have ever heard of that before.

Tom

April 1st 20, 11:27 PM
My son just drove thru the area south of there up thru Green River, saw bases above 16k and wonderful streeting! Wish I was there. Incidentally 2g theres a handful of us on the same program doing all the awards in 1-26’s.
Dan

April 2nd 20, 01:24 AM
On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 4:53:53 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 6:48:09 AM UTC-7, Daniel Sazhin wrote:
> > Hey Guys,
> >
> > 16,000ft, 8 knot thermals in Nephi today! Let's go fly... https://soaringeconomist.com/2020/04/01/gangbusters-conditions-today-in-nephi/
> >
> > All the best,
> > Daniel
>
> WOW! All your badges AND 750k, 1000k Diplomas in a 1-26!! I don't think I have ever heard of that before.
>
> Tom

Yup. With all the fancy high-performance 13.5m gliders now in existence, Daniel holds the 13.5m distance world record - set in a 1-26.

Dan Marotta
April 2nd 20, 05:45 PM
We had terrific lennies around Moriarty yesterday but I was riding my
Harley.Â* Too many toys...

--
Dan, 5J

April 2nd 20, 05:49 PM
Dan now that is absolute blasphemy! U can ride that bike when theres no lennies showing AND u have no excuse not to fly what with that wonderful motor in your bird....see what happens with all this viral madness! How far and fast u are falling! Like me in my 1-26 trying to get thru that horrendous moriarty sink!!! lol

Dan Marotta
April 2nd 20, 06:28 PM
Guess I'm getting old, Dan, but the 28 kt gusts make me worry about
opening the canopy to get in.

On 4/2/2020 10:49 AM, wrote:
> Dan now that is absolute blasphemy! U can ride that bike when theres no lennies showing AND u have no excuse not to fly what with that wonderful motor in your bird....see what happens with all this viral madness! How far and fast u are falling! Like me in my 1-26 trying to get thru that horrendous moriarty sink!!! lol

--
Dan, 5J

April 2nd 20, 06:34 PM
Ah u pussy! lol I remember that gold flight I made there last summer with the wind gusting 40 lol, interesting launch.

April 2nd 20, 06:35 PM
Hardest part of that whole flight was getting the bird towed out to the xwind runway lol

Dan Marotta
April 2nd 20, 11:55 PM
Oh yeah, I always say that, if you can fly at Moriarty, you can fly
anywhere.Â* Except maybe for Salida, CO.Â* I landed there once with a
crosswind component of 32 G 50.Â* Earlier this year as I was sitting on
the very wide taxiway D facing into the wind, I looked down to take care
of something.Â* When I looked up I had one wingtip on the ground!Â* That's
not supposed to happen with a Stemme!Â* My senior citizen pussiness
convinced me that this was a day better suited to having a beer in the
hangar.Â* And it was.

On 4/2/2020 11:34 AM, wrote:
> Ah u pussy! lol I remember that gold flight I made there last summer with the wind gusting 40 lol, interesting launch.

--
Dan, 5J

Google