PDA

View Full Version : Best Flight Of the Day NA

Bob Youngblood
April 9th 20, 10:08 PM
I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

April 9th 20, 10:30 PM
I had 32 miles on saturday lol, does that count? LOL

Bob Youngblood
April 9th 20, 11:19 PM
> I had 32 miles on saturday lol, does that count? LOL

The prize for second place is in the ladies urinal.

April 9th 20, 11:26 PM
lolif u said the prize was in the ladies bathroom I might have been interested lol. I just sent u an email regarding another matter check your mailbox

Dan Marotta
April 10th 20, 01:25 AM
He's not asking about your drive to the airport.. :-D

--
Dan, 5J

Steve Bralla
April 10th 20, 02:40 AM
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 2:08:26 PM UTC-7, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

Why can't liberals post? yo have your AK-47 with 2000 rounds to protect yourself.

April 10th 20, 03:14 AM
Geesh Dan, I have a 95 mile drive to the airport! lolo

April 10th 20, 06:56 AM
Do I understand this thread correctly? Absolutely no politics and no contributions from people that disagree with your politics. Oh the irony.

Bob Youngblood
April 10th 20, 08:13 AM
On Friday, April 10, 2020 at 1:56:45 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> Do I understand this thread correctly? Absolutely no politics and no contributions from people that disagree with your politics. Oh the irony.

What a great country that we live in, yes the irony! After reviewing the OLC flights I would say that the flight out of Boulder in the HP304 was the best, it had a descent triangle something much more difficult than flying up and down the ridge, not taking anything away from ridge flying, but IMHO the triangle is more challenging.
twofiv, you spoke too soon, Bralla still has my AK on his mind.

Bob Youngblood
April 11th 20, 10:49 AM
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

Friday flight will go to Mockler in the JS1, very mice triangle.

Dan Marotta
April 11th 20, 03:31 PM
Well done, Dan!

Patti and I just couldn't seem to connect yesterday.Â* It was still good
to get up.

On 4/11/2020 3:49 AM, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
>> I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob
> Friday flight will go to Mockler in the JS1, very mice triangle.

--
Dan, 5J

April 11th 20, 03:35 PM
Dan u know Patti is always happy when u “get up” but I am sorry you couldn’t quite “connect”......ahem.....cough.., lol
Dan

Bob Youngblood
April 11th 20, 11:47 PM
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

Looks like the early scoring of the day may go to the motor glider guys from Seminole, too early to declare a winner guess we will wait until the big dogs from the west log into OLC. Bob

April 12th 20, 02:26 AM
How long until people need burner OLC accounts to avoid social shaming for having gone flying?

Bob Youngblood
April 12th 20, 06:21 AM
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

Several good flights on Saturday, Moriarty was good, Minden, very good. I liked the 27 flight from Moriarty , speed was way up there with respectable triangle.

Bob Youngblood
April 13th 20, 01:21 PM
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

Looks like the NW had the good weather yesterday with several good flights including three good triangles. Maybe the WX in the south will get better.

2G
April 13th 20, 05:48 PM
On Monday, April 13, 2020 at 5:21:09 AM UTC-7, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> > I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob
>
> Looks like the NW had the good weather yesterday with several good flights including three good triangles. Maybe the WX in the south will get better..

I had my best April flight in many years yesterday, and the best in N. America.
https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?dsId=7713566
Thank God for motorgliders!

Tom

Dan Marotta
April 13th 20, 06:04 PM
Great flight, Tom!

The wind howled yesterday at Moriarty and this morning we woke up to 6
inches of snow.Â* I'm in the mountains about 20 miles west of 0E0 as the
crow flies, but won't be headed there today...Â* Keep up those good
flights!Â* You, too Eric.

--
Dan, 5J

Bob Youngblood
April 13th 20, 07:04 PM
On Monday, April 13, 2020 at 12:48:25 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
> On Monday, April 13, 2020 at 5:21:09 AM UTC-7, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> > On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> > > I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob
> >
> > Looks like the NW had the good weather yesterday with several good flights including three good triangles. Maybe the WX in the south will get better.
>
> I had my best April flight in many years yesterday, and the best in N. America.
> https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?dsId=7713566
> Thank God for motorgliders!
>
> Tom

There you go again, throwing that word Motorglider out there, yuck! Glad you had a great flight, we need to see more of those. Bob

2G
April 14th 20, 01:49 AM
On Monday, April 13, 2020 at 11:04:33 AM UTC-7, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Monday, April 13, 2020 at 12:48:25 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
> > >
> > > Looks like the NW had the good weather yesterday with several good flights including three good triangles. Maybe the WX in the south will get better.
> >
> > I had my best April flight in many years yesterday, and the best in N. America.
> > https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?dsId=7713566
> > Thank God for motorgliders!
> >
> > Tom
>
> There you go again, throwing that word Motorglider out there, yuck! Glad you had a great flight, we need to see more of those. Bob

No, sitting on the ground looking at a beautiful, puffy cloud sky is yucky.

Bob Youngblood
April 14th 20, 05:54 AM
On Monday, April 13, 2020 at 8:49:53 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
> On Monday, April 13, 2020 at 11:04:33 AM UTC-7, Bob Youngblood wrote:

> > > I had my best April flight in many years yesterday, and the best in N.. America.
> > > https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?dsId=7713566
> > > Thank God for motorgliders!
> > >
> > > Tom
> >
> > There you go again, throwing that word Motorglider out there, yuck! Glad you had a great flight, we need to see more of those. Bob
>
> No, sitting on the ground looking at a beautiful, puffy cloud sky is yucky.

There were a couple of lucky fliers yesterday, out west, in Washington and California.

April 14th 20, 11:10 PM
Saturday the 11th was a great Moriarty day in that the Manzano shear line was working like gang busters. More so if you were too lazy to run north (that would be me), but stayed under the street to see if I could run up a deceit average speed. Worked very well thank you.

Zulu

Bob Youngblood
April 14th 20, 11:51 PM
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

Early in the day but it looks like Zimmerman did well today in the Carolina's, nothing here in Florida as of yet, Maybe the motorglider guys will post later. Bob

Bob Youngblood
April 15th 20, 12:19 AM
On Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 6:51:17 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> > I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob
>
> Early in the day but it looks like Zimmerman did well today in the Carolina's, nothing here in Florida as of yet, Maybe the motorglider guys will post later. Bob

Sunflower guys got one in today.

Bob Youngblood
April 15th 20, 06:32 AM
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

The guys at Sunflower did a very good job with their triangles and the flight in the Zuni was outstanding! Way to go.

Waveguru
April 15th 20, 06:21 PM
I thought I would at least get an honorable mention for yesterday....

Boggs

Bob Youngblood
April 15th 20, 06:29 PM
On Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 1:22:03 PM UTC-4, Waveguru wrote:
> I thought I would at least get an honorable mention for yesterday....
>

> Boggs

My apologies Boggs, great flight in a 2-32, and yes you flew a nice triangle and you were not in some fancy motorglider! Keep up those flights ! Bob

Dan Marotta
April 15th 20, 11:43 PM
Patti and I got 1.3 hours in the C-180.Â* Guess that doesn't count, but
it sure felt good to get up in the air.Â* We just toured the valley and
the local mountains.

On 4/14/2020 5:19 PM, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 6:51:17 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
>> On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
>>> I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob
>> Early in the day but it looks like Zimmerman did well today in the Carolina's, nothing here in Florida as of yet, Maybe the motorglider guys will post later. Bob
> Sunflower guys got one in today.

--
Dan, 5J

Bob Youngblood
April 15th 20, 11:55 PM
On Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 6:43:08 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
> Patti and I got 1.3 hours in the C-180.Â* Guess that doesn't count, but
> it sure felt good to get up in the air.Â* We just toured the valley and
> the local mountains.
>
> On 4/14/2020 5:19 PM, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> >> Early in the day but it looks like Zimmerman did well today in the Carolina's, nothing here in Florida as of yet, Maybe the motorglider guys will post later. Bob
> > Sunflower guys got one in today.
>
> --
> Dan, 5J

Dan, that sure must have been an enjoyable afternoon in the 180, I flew one of those back in the 70's all I did was bounce, bounce, bounce, you know the drill. Bob

Dan Marotta
April 16th 20, 12:16 AM
Oh, you must be talking about landing the thing. :-DÂ* I find the
landings easier than the takeoffs, especially with a cross wind from the
left.Â* There were a few thermals but we were only about 3,000' AGL.
Sundance Aviation was launching the Grob with two on board.Â* I don't
know if those were rides, training, or checks.

On 4/15/2020 4:55 PM, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 6:43:08 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
>> Patti and I got 1.3 hours in the C-180.Â* Guess that doesn't count, but
>> it sure felt good to get up in the air.Â* We just toured the valley and
>> the local mountains.

>>> Sunflower guys got one in today.
>> --
>> Dan, 5J
> Dan, that sure must have been an enjoyable afternoon in the 180, I flew one of those back in the 70's all I did was bounce, bounce, bounce, you know the drill. Bob

--
Dan, 5J

Bob Youngblood
April 16th 20, 12:51 AM
On Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 7:16:05 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
> Oh, you must be talking about landing the thing. :-DÂ* I find the
> landings easier than the takeoffs, especially with a cross wind from the
> left.Â* There were a few thermals but we were only about 3,000' AGL.
> Sundance Aviation was launching the Grob with two on board.Â* I don't
> know if those were rides, training, or checks.
>
> On 4/15/2020 4:55 PM, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> > On Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 6:43:08 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
> >> Patti and I got 1.3 hours in the C-180.Â* Guess that doesn't count, but
> >> it sure felt good to get up in the air.Â* We just toured the valley and
> >> the local mountains.

> >> --
> >> Dan, 5J
> > Dan, that sure must have been an enjoyable afternoon in the 180, I flew one of those back in the 70's all I did was bounce, bounce, bounce, you know the drill. Bob
>
> --
> Dan, 5J

No, not the thing, the beast! I had more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

April 16th 20, 01:23 AM
Dan when we had our 180 I found she would three point as easily as other draggers IF I cranked in all of the up-trim available and kept just a smidge of power on. If I didn’t then it definitely was bounce bounce lol.
Dan

Bob Youngblood
April 16th 20, 09:11 AM
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

very good flights to the guys out of Boston yesterday, all three had nice traces.

Roy B.
April 16th 20, 12:56 PM
"very good flights to the guys out of Boston yesterday, all three had nice traces."

Thanks Bob.
Darn near froze my toes off, but it was good to fly.
ROY

Bob Youngblood
April 16th 20, 04:52 PM
On Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 7:56:30 AM UTC-4, Roy B. wrote:
> "very good flights to the guys out of Boston yesterday, all three had nice traces."
>

> Thanks Bob.
> Darn near froze my toes off, but it was good to fly.
> ROY

I bet you did freeze your toes off, from my calculations looks like you got about 8500 AGL at one point. Very nice triangle Roy, that is the kind of flight that makes it fun. Bob

Dan Marotta
April 16th 20, 05:06 PM
Dan,

Yup, made a couple of small bounces yesterday.Â* Landings are really
pretty uneventful and I generally do them as you described.Â* I was
recalling a particular take off from a ranch strip on the Continental
Divide, with soft dirt, left quartering tailwind, and down hill.Â* Took
most of the strip to get airborne, but there was a wide, gentle valley
ahead to gain altitude.Â* In the other direction was a head wind, but up
hill, into the side of a mountain which would require maneuvering to
miss the rocks and then dive down a canyon to gain speed and then
altitude.Â* If I had it to do again, I think I'd take the up hill, into
the rocks, choice.

I don't think I'll take our "Goose" back there, but I'll certainly take
the gyro once it's built and tested.

Dan

--
Dan, 5J

Bob Youngblood
April 16th 20, 11:48 PM
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

Too early to call the winner but looks like the dude in the DG1001M had a good day running the ridge.

Bob Youngblood
April 17th 20, 09:18 AM
On Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 6:49:02 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> > I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob
>
> Too early to call the winner but looks like the dude in the DG1001M had a good day running the ridge.

Didn't think the early flight would stand the day, looks like the flights from New Castle set the top three positions. Three nice flights, the LS6 set the pace with over 900 points, way to go!

Tony[_5_]
April 17th 20, 04:23 PM
JP Stewart wins the day woohoo!

Bob Youngblood
April 18th 20, 12:06 AM
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

Looks like Zimmerman did good today but landed early to enjoy the cocktail hour, looks like your are a few behind. Nice flight Sam. Hope it last. Bob

Bob Youngblood
April 18th 20, 09:17 AM
On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 7:06:08 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> > I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob
>
> Looks like Zimmerman did good today but landed early to enjoy the cocktail hour, looks like your are a few behind. Nice flight Sam. Hope it last. Bob

Both Zimmerman and Allison had very good flights yesterday, the triangles were very good working with the wind component. Nice flights.

Bob Youngblood
April 19th 20, 08:15 AM
On Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 6:51:17 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> > I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob
>
> Early in the day but it looks like Zimmerman did well today in the Carolina's, nothing here in Florida as of yet, Maybe the motorglider guys will post later. Bob

Saturday was a pretty active day, lots of flights and the Minden Tahoe flight in the Ventus was 400k triangle, well done.

Bob Youngblood
April 20th 20, 10:39 AM
On Sunday, April 19, 2020 at 3:15:41 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 6:51:17 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> > On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> > > I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob
> >
> > Early in the day but it looks like Zimmerman did well today in the Carolina's, nothing here in Florida as of yet, Maybe the motorglider guys will post later. Bob
>
> Saturday was a pretty active day, lots of flights and the Minden Tahoe flight in the Ventus was 400k triangle, well done.

After taking a look at the flights from yesterday all you need to say is Minden! Good to see Jim in the air. Bob

Bob Youngblood
April 21st 20, 06:24 AM
On Monday, April 20, 2020 at 5:39:47 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Sunday, April 19, 2020 at 3:15:41 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> > >
> > > Early in the day but it looks like Zimmerman did well today in the Carolina's, nothing here in Florida as of yet, Maybe the motorglider guys will post later. Bob
> >
> > Saturday was a pretty active day, lots of flights and the Minden Tahoe flight in the Ventus was 400k triangle, well done.
>
> After taking a look at the flights from yesterday all you need to say is Minden! Good to see Jim in the air. Bob

Oregon flight in the Antares was tops overall yesterday.

Bob Youngblood
April 22nd 20, 12:17 PM
On Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 1:24:17 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Monday, April 20, 2020 at 5:39:47 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:

> > > Saturday was a pretty active day, lots of flights and the Minden Tahoe flight in the Ventus was 400k triangle, well done.
> >
> > After taking a look at the flights from yesterday all you need to say is Minden! Good to see Jim in the air. Bob
>
> Oregon flight in the Antares was tops overall yesterday.

Minden once again, good job Jim.

Bob Youngblood
April 23rd 20, 06:50 AM
On Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 7:17:46 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 1:24:17 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:

> > > After taking a look at the flights from yesterday all you need to say is Minden! Good to see Jim in the air. Bob
> >
> > Oregon flight in the Antares was tops overall yesterday.
>
> Minden once again, good job Jim.

Over 1K KM in the DG1001M Penn down to WV. Great flight.

Tango Eight
April 23rd 20, 01:47 PM
On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 1:50:14 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 7:17:46 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:

> > > Oregon flight in the Antares was tops overall yesterday.
> >
> > Minden once again, good job Jim.
>
> Over 1K KM in the DG1001M Penn down to WV. Great flight.

I liked Dan's 750 km triangle better. Nice flight Dan, you made it look routine.

T8

Rob Cluxton[_2_]
April 23rd 20, 02:14 PM
I agree, Sazhin’s 750km triangle was much more of a challenge than 1,000km on the ridges.

So sayeth The Dude

Rob Cluxton[_2_]
April 23rd 20, 02:16 PM
I agree. Sazhin’s 750km was much more challenging than 1,000km on the ridges

So sayeth The Dude in the DG1001M...

Bob Youngblood
April 23rd 20, 10:29 PM
On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 9:16:39 AM UTC-4, Rob Cluxton wrote:
> I agree. Sazhin’s 750km was much more challenging than 1,000km on the ridges
>
> So sayeth The Dude in the DG1001M...

I also must agree, I do like triangles, glad to see that someone else recognized the triangle. I will do a bit of backwalking here and give kudos to the triangle. Bob

Bob Youngblood
April 25th 20, 09:57 PM
Looks like Minden was very good yesterday.

Dan Marotta
April 26th 20, 12:01 AM
Not so good for me today.Â* Since I rode my Harley to the airport, I wore
jeans, which I haven't done for flying for years.Â* The wallet in my hip
pocket was pure torture and I had a cable come loose on my ClearNav,
disabling the control buttons on the stick.Â* After about 0.9 hours, I
just had to land.

On 4/25/2020 2:57 PM, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> Looks like Minden was very good yesterday.

--
Dan, 5J

Bob Youngblood
April 26th 20, 08:13 AM
On Saturday, April 25, 2020 at 4:57:14 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> Looks like Minden was very good yesterday.

I give a big way to go for the guy in the Std. Cirrus yesterday in Kansas. Tony Condon did a very nice triangle, great flight.

Tony[_5_]
April 26th 20, 05:51 PM
It was fun! Leah gave me an auto tow behind our Subaru Outback. First launch was a little too early. Classic post frontal conditions though, fairly early start, late finish, high cloudbases. Battery died about the time I made it back to Sunflower. Need to get a dual setup! Couldn't quite get enough altitude at the end to open it up to a 500km free triangle.

Bob Youngblood
April 26th 20, 10:46 PM
On Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 12:51:11 PM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
> It was fun! Leah gave me an auto tow behind our Subaru Outback. First launch was a little too early. Classic post frontal conditions though, fairly early start, late finish, high cloudbases. Battery died about the time I made it back to Sunflower. Need to get a dual setup! Couldn't quite get enough altitude at the end to open it up to a 500km free triangle.

Tony, that was a great flight, and I am laughing at the auto tow with the Subaru. Great job Amigo!!

Bob Youngblood
April 29th 20, 12:00 PM
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

Well, the boys are learning how to fly a triangle. I take special pride in giving the flight of the day to the guys at Seminole Lake GP. I know Rich gets a bit defensive when I tease him about flying up and down HWY27. Yes, they ridge soar in Florida, right up and down the Florida Ridge elevation 67 feet! Way to go guys glad to see the motorglider group flying triangles.

Bob Youngblood
April 30th 20, 12:35 PM
On Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 7:00:50 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> > I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob
>
> Well, the boys are learning how to fly a triangle. I take special pride in giving the flight of the day to the guys at Seminole Lake GP. I know Rich gets a bit defensive when I tease him about flying up and down HWY27. Yes, they ridge soar in Florida, right up and down the Florida Ridge elevation 67 feet! Way to go guys glad to see the motorglider group flying triangles.

I do think there will be more flights posted today, right now ZO and the crew from Seminole hold the top spots, but I am most positive there will be another post that may just get the flight of the day. Bob

Bob Youngblood
April 30th 20, 07:28 PM
On Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 7:35:34 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 7:00:50 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> > On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> > > I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob
> >
> > Well, the boys are learning how to fly a triangle. I take special pride in giving the flight of the day to the guys at Seminole Lake GP. I know Rich gets a bit defensive when I tease him about flying up and down HWY27. Yes, they ridge soar in Florida, right up and down the Florida Ridge elevation 67 feet! Way to go guys glad to see the motorglider group flying triangles.
>
> I do think there will be more flights posted today, right now ZO and the crew from Seminole hold the top spots, but I am most positive there will be another post that may just get the flight of the day. Bob

Yep, as I predicted the boys at Seminole only took second place. Just happen to notice that the top flight was made yesterday from Treasure Coast Soaring Club. Todd Roy in his JS3 did an outstanding triangle yesterday against a wind of 25 knots at times and took first place for the day.

Tony[_5_]
April 30th 20, 09:11 PM
a couple low saves too!

Bob Youngblood
April 30th 20, 10:06 PM
On Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 4:11:04 PM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
> a couple low saves too!

Tony, glad you noticed, we are not a bunch of slouches down here! Some of those guys think that we are new to this, bad assumption. Bob

Bob Youngblood
May 1st 20, 12:39 PM
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

Looks like Moriarty is beginning to get good and I look forward to seeing many great flights in the months to come.

Bob Youngblood
May 7th 20, 07:11 AM
On Friday, May 1, 2020 at 7:39:45 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> > I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob
>
> Looks like Moriarty is beginning to get good and I look forward to seeing many great flights in the months to come.

looks like the guys in Wisconsin had great flights yesterday, wonderful triangles!!!! I thought that I might have a chance at a honorable mention as I flew completely around Lake O again yesterday. Lake O, no easy task with a very strong west wind and trying to avoid the lake shadow. Actually stayed low on the shadow side and got down to 1k on the shadow side only to stick in there and get lucky. Finally got back up and continued homeward where I landed at home and tucked the old girl in the hangar only to get ready for the next adventure.

Bob Youngblood
May 9th 20, 10:53 PM
On Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 2:11:13 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Friday, May 1, 2020 at 7:39:45 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> > On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> > > I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob
> >
> > Looks like Moriarty is beginning to get good and I look forward to seeing many great flights in the months to come.
>
> looks like the guys in Wisconsin had great flights yesterday, wonderful triangles!!!! I thought that I might have a chance at a honorable mention as I flew completely around Lake O again yesterday. Lake O, no easy task with a very strong west wind and trying to avoid the lake shadow. Actually stayed low on the shadow side and got down to 1k on the shadow side only to stick in there and get lucky. Finally got back up and continued homeward where I landed at home and tucked the old girl in the hangar only to get ready for the next adventure.

Looks like the Caesar Creek ridge was working well, great flight.

May 10th 20, 12:11 AM
On Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 5:53:27 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 2:11:13 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> > >
> > > Looks like Moriarty is beginning to get good and I look forward to seeing many great flights in the months to come.
> >
> > looks like the guys in Wisconsin had great flights yesterday, wonderful triangles!!!! I thought that I might have a chance at a honorable mention as I flew completely around Lake O again yesterday. Lake O, no easy task with a very strong west wind and trying to avoid the lake shadow. Actually stayed low on the shadow side and got down to 1k on the shadow side only to stick in there and get lucky. Finally got back up and continued homeward where I landed at home and tucked the old girl in the hangar only to get ready for the next adventure.
>
> Looks like the Caesar Creek ridge was working well, great flight.

The "Caesar Creek Ridge" is in PA.
UH

Tony[_5_]
May 10th 20, 02:45 AM
Apparently the new castle ridge was better. Just another 1000km for JP I hope he doesn't start getting bored with them :)

Bob Youngblood
August 5th 20, 09:48 PM
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

Looks like Todd Roy of the TCSC had the best flight yesterday with another big triangle. Way to go Todd, keep up the big triangles and not the straight lines. Bob

August 6th 20, 06:44 PM
Did we miss this?

Source: It's just been confirmed that Kathy Fosha has earned a total of 23 California State and National Record(s) from her 750 km Out and Return (Mt Grant O/R) flight on July 26, 2020.
She also earned #58 750 km Diplome."

mic drop!

August 6th 20, 06:49 PM
On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 12:44:49 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> Did we miss this?
>
> Source: It's just been confirmed that Kathy Fosha has earned a total of 23 California State and National Record(s) from her 750 km Out and Return (Mt Grant O/R) flight on July 26, 2020.
> She also earned #58 750 km Diplome."
>
> mic drop!

https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?dsId=8036731#comment

Bob Youngblood
August 6th 20, 09:07 PM
On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 1:44:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Did we miss this?
>
> Source: It's just been confirmed that Kathy Fosha has earned a total of 23 California State and National Record(s) from her 750 km Out and Return (Mt Grant O/R) flight on July 26, 2020.
> She also earned #58 750 km Diplome."
>
> mic drop!

No, we did not miss anything, Fosha had the #4 flight of the day, UWE was number 1.

August 7th 20, 03:54 AM
On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 3:07:08 PM UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 1:44:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> > Did we miss this?
> >
> > Source: It's just been confirmed that Kathy Fosha has earned a total of 23 California State and National Record(s) from her 750 km Out and Return (Mt Grant O/R) flight on July 26, 2020.
> > She also earned #58 750 km Diplome."
> >
> > mic drop!
>
> No, we did not miss anything, Fosha had the #4 flight of the day, UWE was number 1.

Huh?, Kathy not only had the best US flight of the day, but credit for the extra burden of filling out 23 sets of declarations. Everyone else gets a participation ribbon. What a great effort.

kinsell
August 7th 20, 04:27 AM
On 8/6/20 8:54 PM, wrote:
> On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 3:07:08 PM UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
>> On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 1:44:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>>> Did we miss this?
>>>
>>> Source: It's just been confirmed that Kathy Fosha has earned a total of 23 California State and National Record(s) from her 750 km Out and Return (Mt Grant O/R) flight on July 26, 2020.
>>> She also earned #58 750 km Diplome."
>>>
>>> mic drop!
>>
>> No, we did not miss anything, Fosha had the #4 flight of the day, UWE was number 1.
>
> Huh?, Kathy not only had the best US flight of the day, but credit for the extra burden of filling out 23 sets of declarations. Everyone else gets a participation ribbon. What a great effort.

Nice flight, but yes it was fourth in the country that day.

https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3.0/gliding/daily.html?st=olc&rt=olc&c=US&sc=&sp=2020&df=2020-07-26

Bob Youngblood
August 10th 20, 08:40 PM
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
> I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

I must congratulate Joe Bostik, hope I got that name correct for his flight yesterday, not only did he score lots of points , but he did a great triangle! Way to go Joe, keep up the big triangles. Bob

Google