PDA

View Full Version : Re: Is this the place for Homebuilders?

Gilan
September 22nd 04, 05:51 AM
so what is wrong with the RotorWay EXEC ???
I've heard good things about it. Tell me where I can read about the bad
things?

Florida Flying Gators Fly-in
http://www.mitchellwing.com/flying_gators_annual_fly.htm

Have a good day and stay out of the trees!
See ya on Sport Aircraft group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sport_Aircraft/

Dave S
September 23rd 04, 12:28 PM
I think the "well intentioned crossposter" was referring to ANOTHER
amatuer built helicopter design that was built by a different company..
whose name started with an "R" as well. It was only a one-seater, and
the company is no longer selling kits, if I remember the owner's
statements correctly.

Dave

Gilan wrote:

> so what is wrong with the RotorWay EXEC ???
> I've heard good things about it. Tell me where I can read about the bad
> things?
>
> Florida Flying Gators Fly-in
> http://www.mitchellwing.com/flying_gators_annual_fly.htm
>

> Have a good day and stay out of the trees!
> See ya on Sport Aircraft group
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sport_Aircraft/

gerrcoin
September 23rd 04, 02:06 PM
You might want to contact Southern Helicopters. They are the UK
distributor for Rotorway and should be able to handle any questions
like this. (remove "-nospam" from email)

162F (B)
UNITED KINGDOM
Contact: Jonathan Bull,
Southern Helicopters Ltd.
Street Farm,
Takeley
Bishops Stortsford,
Herts
CM22 6OU
United Kingdom
Telephone: +44-1279-870211
Fax: +44-1279-870255
Email:

Also I found this rather interesting, no finance info though.
http://www.i2itelevision.com/video_store.php
and scroll to "A chopper is born".
It's a 3 hour DVD from the Discovery Home & lesure channel covering
the building of a Rotorway Exec 162F.

Gerr

>"George Boyd Ratcliff" > wrote in message
> om...
>
>Hi
>
>Are there many homebuilders on this newsgroup?
>I'm looking into building a Rotorway Exec 162F helicopter. I have lots
>of questions pertinent to the UK only (ie can you finance kits in the
>uk).
>
>Are there any homebuilders out there who have the answers?
>
>I've tried the PFA, but they only seem to have building info - none of
>the peripheral stuff!
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>George

Google