PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure

Justin H
September 22nd 04, 01:34 PM
Anyone know the acceptable ranges for oil pressure on an o-290 lycoming?

Kyle Boatright
September 23rd 04, 01:22 AM
I can tell you that on an 0-320, with a pressure pick-up coming off of the
accessory case, the "green band" is 60-100 PSI in cruise, with as little as
25 PSI OK for idle conditions with a warm motor.

KB
"Justin H" > wrote in message
> Anyone know the acceptable ranges for oil pressure on an o-290 lycoming?

Orval Fairbairn
September 23rd 04, 04:35 AM
In article >,
"Kyle Boatright" > wrote:

> I can tell you that on an 0-320, with a pressure pick-up coming off of the
> accessory case, the "green band" is 60-100 PSI in cruise, with as little as
> 25 PSI OK for idle conditions with a warm motor.
>
> KB
> "Justin H" > wrote in message
> > Anyone know the acceptable ranges for oil pressure on an o-290 lycoming?

For the O-435 series, which is the 6-cylinder brother to the O-290
series, the FAA Certification Sheet shows 60 psi min and 85 psi max.

I might point out that both engines use the same rods, rod bearings,
pins, pistons, cylinders and valves. I am not sure about the main
bearings, however.

If you can get hold of the FAA Type Certification Data Sheet, you will
have an accurate answer.

Google