PDA

View Full Version : Super Hornet waits for F-35C to be delayed again.

Henry J Cobb
April 10th 05, 12:58 AM
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/business/stories.nsf/0/DA917E4ABFEF022F86256FDE00322EC3?OpenDocument
> "The Navy is easily the least-enthusiastic JSF participant," said Richard
> Aboulafia, an aerospace analyst at Teal Group Corp. in Fairfax, Va. "If
> there's a JSF slip, the Navy can add on (Super Hornets) indefinitely."

Pity none of the F-35B users have any alternatives, other than refurbed Harriers.

-HJC

April 10th 05, 07:02 PM
I wonder what is "souped-up version of Super Hornet";-) I thought there
was no greater improvement over early F/A-18E/Fs than AESA-equipped
planes, or EA-18G Growler?

Jacek

Henry J Cobb wrote:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/business/stories.nsf/0/DA917E4ABFEF022F86256FDE00322EC3?OpenDocument
> > "The Navy is easily the least-enthusiastic JSF participant," said
Richard
> > Aboulafia, an aerospace analyst at Teal Group Corp. in Fairfax,
Va. "If
> > there's a JSF slip, the Navy can add on (Super Hornets)
indefinitely."

> Pity none of the F-35B users have any alternatives, other than
refurbed Harriers.

> -HJC

Henry J Cobb
April 10th 05, 09:46 PM
wrote:
> I wonder what is "souped-up version of Super Hornet";-) I thought there
> was no greater improvement over early F/A-18E/Fs than AESA-equipped
> planes, or EA-18G Growler?
>
> Jacek

This is about the AESA.

http://www.raytheon.com/feature/static/node4262.html
> At a special ceremony on January 12, Raytheon Company celebrated the
> delivery of its first APG-79 active electronically scanned array (AESA)
> radar.

The Super Hornets have been flying in the war zone without the advanced
radars, but mostly as tankers. ;-)

-HJC

Google