PDA

View Full Version : Boeing CEO loses chairman title

Miloch
October 12th 19, 05:45 PM
https://www.axios.com/boeing-ceo-dennis-muilenburg-chairman-e9e8cb34-d713-4e54-ab0b-3ce858c45d89.html

Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg will no longer serve as chairman of the board of
directors as he focuses on returning "the 737 MAX safely to service," the
company announced in a Friday press release.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/boeing-board-of-directors-separates-ceo-and-chairman-roles-300937391.html

Where it stands: Boeing is separating the roles of chairman and CEO. David
Calhoun, Boeing's current independent lead director, will take on the role of
elected non-executive chairman, as Muilenburg stays on as president and
director.

The big picture: Muilenburg is scheduled to testify in front of Congress on Oct.
30 to address the two Boeing 737 MAX 8 crashes in Indonesia and Ethiopia that
killed 346 people over the past year.

•A panel convened by the Federal Aviation Administration found on Friday that
the Boeing 737 flight control system — suspected of causing both crashes — was
not evaluated in concert with other systems.

*

Mitchell Holman[_9_]
October 12th 19, 07:40 PM
Miloch > wrote in
:

> https://www.axios.com/boeing-ceo-dennis-muilenburg-chairman-e9e8cb34-d7
> 13-4e54-ab0b-3ce858c45d89.html
>
> Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg will no longer serve as chairman of the
> board of directors as he focuses on returning "the 737 MAX safely to
> service," the company announced in a Friday press release.
>
> https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/boeing-board-of-directors-sepa
> rates-ceo-and-chairman-roles-300937391.html
>
> Where it stands: Boeing is separating the roles of chairman and CEO.
> David Calhoun, Boeing's current independent lead director, will take
> on the role of elected non-executive chairman, as Muilenburg stays on
> as president and director.
>
> The big picture: Muilenburg is scheduled to testify in front of
> Congress on Oct. 30 to address the two Boeing 737 MAX 8 crashes in
> Indonesia and Ethiopia that killed 346 people over the past year.
>
> •A panel convened by the Federal Aviation Administration found on
> Friday that the Boeing 737 flight control system — suspected of
> causing both crashes — was not evaluated in concert with other
> systems.

I am amazed Boeing stockholders haven't strung
up the entire Board from the nearest lampposts
for their malfeasance over the Supermax debacle.

Biggest catastrophe in the company's history
and NO ONE has been held accountable.

In the meantime the "software glitch" that has
not been found after months of search is keeping
hundreds of planes idled and hundreds more stalled
in production.

R2D2[_2_]
October 12th 19, 11:43 PM
On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 13:40:29 -0500, Mitchell Holman
> wrote:

> In the meantime the "software glitch" that has
>not been found after months of search is keeping
>hundreds of planes idled and hundreds more stalled
>in production.

Which probably means it's more than just a glitch, but something that
requires a very extensive and expensive mod, which Boeing will have to
pay.

Mitchell Holman[_9_]
October 13th 19, 02:33 AM
R2D2 > wrote in :

> On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 13:40:29 -0500, Mitchell Holman
> > wrote:
>

>> In the meantime the "software glitch" that has
>>not been found after months of search is keeping
>>hundreds of planes idled and hundreds more stalled
>>in production.
>>
> Which probably means it's more than just a glitch, but something that
> requires a very extensive and expensive mod, which Boeing will have to
> pay.

9 months is a long time to repair any
computer problem, esp. when airlines
are cancelling orders on a weekly basis.

R2D2[_2_]
October 14th 19, 06:45 PM
On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 20:33:05 -0500, Mitchell Holman
> wrote:

>R2D2 > wrote in :
>
>> On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 13:40:29 -0500, Mitchell Holman
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> In the meantime the "software glitch" that has
>>>not been found after months of search is keeping
>>>hundreds of planes idled and hundreds more stalled
>>>in production.
>>>
>> Which probably means it's more than just a glitch, but something that
>> requires a very extensive and expensive mod, which Boeing will have to
>> pay.
>>

>9 months is a long time to repair any
>computer problem, esp. when airlines
>are cancelling orders on a weekly basis.

Depends on the problem and how/what people they have on the job. Some
problems can be so fraking stupid or hard, it would be best to simple
erase and start over. But THAT decision requites a lot of
administrative courage...

Mitchell Holman[_9_]
October 15th 19, 02:45 AM
R2D2 > wrote in :

> On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 20:33:05 -0500, Mitchell Holman
> > wrote:
>
>>R2D2 > wrote in :
>>
>>> On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 13:40:29 -0500, Mitchell Holman

>>> Which probably means it's more than just a glitch, but something that
>>> requires a very extensive and expensive mod, which Boeing will have to
>>> pay.
>>>

>>9 months is a long time to repair any
>>computer problem, esp. when airlines
>>are cancelling orders on a weekly basis.
>>

> Depends on the problem and how/what people they have on the job. Some
> problems can be so fraking stupid or hard, it would be best to simple
> erase and start over. But THAT decision requites a lot of
> administrative courage...

Billions of dollars in sales being lost
should be all the courage needed to rip out
the current computers and install one that
work in their other models.

R2D2[_2_]
October 15th 19, 06:30 PM
On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 20:45:58 -0500, Mitchell Holman
> wrote:

> Billions of dollars in sales being lost
>should be all the courage needed to rip out
>the current computers and install one that
>work in their other models.

It's not a hardware problem (which isn't that hard to fix), it's a
software problem (which is an utter bitch to fix). The aircraftt was
altered from theother models in ways that made new software necessary.
But I guess they messed up the testing. And then covered it up.

Google