PDA

View Full Version : Air/Oil separator Best one for $

Ron
September 26th 04, 04:22 PM
Aircraft Spruce (and others) sell a variety of air/oil separators. The
Walker (Airwolf) being the most expensive and a homemade the least
costly. Any recommendations and/or comments as to the effectiveness
vs. cost vs. brand. For experimental airplane so TSO is of no
consequence. Lycoming IO 320 B1A engine.

Thanks..............

Rip
September 27th 04, 12:10 AM
I have used (in this order: a homemade unit, a WWII surplus Eclipse, an
M20 Turbo (my plane was the "guinea pig" for their wet vac separator),
and the Walker (Airwolf) unit. Bear in mind that I use a wet vacuum pump
on my plane. Only the Airwolf unit does what it's supposed to do. My
opinion and experience. YMMV.

Ron wrote:
> Aircraft Spruce (and others) sell a variety of air/oil separators. The
> Walker (Airwolf) being the most expensive and a homemade the least
> costly. Any recommendations and/or comments as to the effectiveness
> vs. cost vs. brand. For experimental airplane so TSO is of no
> consequence. Lycoming IO 320 B1A engine.

Google