PDA

View Full Version : EAA Board of Directors

RST Engineering
April 14th 05, 06:41 AM
Thanks to the 300+ of you all that put your ink signature on the line and
nominated me for the EAA Board of Directors. I'm on the ballot.

Here's the reality. There will be 300 to 500 members at the meeting on the
Saturday of Oshkosh week to elect the new directors. The EAA holds some
35,000 proxies at the same meeting. Guess who gets to pick the new
directors?

Here is what I am going to ask you to do. In mid-July, just before Oshkosh
week I'm going to give you an email list of the EAA Board members and
Executive Board who hold those proxies. I'm going to request that you to
tell them to vote me onto the board.

No hassle. Email and nothing more.

Talk to you in July about it...

And THANKS FOR THE NOMINATIONS...

Jim

jonladd
April 15th 05, 02:17 AM
JIm, Would you care to elaborate on why you want to be nominated and
what your vision is for the EAA?
Thanks, Jon Ladd

Dude
April 15th 05, 03:02 AM
"jonladd" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> JIm, Would you care to elaborate on why you want to be nominated and
> what your vision is for the EAA?
> Thanks, Jon Ladd

It's a valid question, but to me its enough to stop the rubber stamp system

Matt Whiting
April 15th 05, 11:51 AM
Dude wrote:
> "jonladd" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>JIm, Would you care to elaborate on why you want to be nominated and
>>what your vision is for the EAA?
>>Thanks, Jon Ladd
>>

> It's a valid question, but to me its enough to stop the rubber stamp system

You will need much more than one board member to do that. So who else
in r.a.x who is an EAA member is willing to step forward?

Matt

Jez
April 15th 05, 07:16 PM
"RST Engineering" > wrote in message
> Thanks to the 300+ of you all that put your ink signature on the line and
> nominated me for the EAA Board of Directors. I'm on the ballot.
>
> Here's the reality. There will be 300 to 500 members at the meeting on
> the Saturday of Oshkosh week to elect the new directors. The EAA holds
> some 35,000 proxies at the same meeting. Guess who gets to pick the new
> directors?
>
> Here is what I am going to ask you to do. In mid-July, just before
> Oshkosh week I'm going to give you an email list of the EAA Board members
> and Executive Board who hold those proxies. I'm going to request that you
> to tell them to vote me onto the board.
>
> No hassle. Email and nothing more.
>
> Talk to you in July about it...
>
> And THANKS FOR THE NOMINATIONS...
>
> Jim

Good plan Jim, I'll look out for your post in July.

RST Engineering
April 18th 05, 04:59 PM
I'll be happy to do that in text in this newsgroup in July when I ask for
your emails to the current Board. I also did it in an attachment to those
who nominated me.

At this time, it would be premature.

Jim

"jonladd" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> JIm, Would you care to elaborate on why you want to be nominated and
> what your vision is for the EAA?
> Thanks, Jon Ladd

W P Dixon
April 18th 05, 06:39 PM
Spoken Like A true Politician ;)

Patrick

"RST Engineering" > wrote in message
> I'll be happy to do that in text in this newsgroup in July when I ask for
> your emails to the current Board. I also did it in an attachment to those
> who nominated me.
>
> At this time, it would be premature.
>

> Jim
>

> "jonladd" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> JIm, Would you care to elaborate on why you want to be nominated and
>> what your vision is for the EAA?
>> Thanks, Jon Ladd

RST Engineering
April 18th 05, 07:53 PM
Who can give me the source of this quotation:

"Politicians are the same the world over. They all promise to build you a
bridge where there is no river."

???

Jim

"W P Dixon" > wrote in message
> Spoken Like A true Politician ;)

John Ousterhout
April 18th 05, 08:06 PM
RST Engineering wrote:
> Who can give me the source of this quotation:
>
> "Politicians are the same the world over. They all promise to build you a
> bridge where there is no river."

I googled it and the first six links I checked all attributed it to
Nikita Khrushchev.

Hmmm... Are you trying to tell us something Jim?

- J.O.-

Darrel Toepfer
April 18th 05, 08:13 PM
RST Engineering wrote:

> Who can give me the source of this quotation:
>
> "Politicians are the same the world over. They all promise to build you a
> bridge where there is no river."

"Politicians are the same all over: they promise to build a bridge even
where there is no river." -- Nikita Khrushchev (1960)

<stolen quotes>
I would add this often it is the politicians themselves who furnish the
river. and then the river ends up flooding the city.

Then I suppose they use this to "prove" the need for the bridge, and
then after the flood, promise a dam.
</stolen quotes>

Prize please... ;)

RST Engineering
April 18th 05, 09:05 PM
Just an observation and one of my favorite lines...

"John Ousterhout" > wrote in
message news:JyT8e.26671$8Z6.20137@attbi_s21...

> I googled it and the first six links I checked all attributed it to Nikita
> Khrushchev.
>
> Hmmm... Are you trying to tell us something Jim?
>
> - J.O.-

Cy Galley
April 19th 05, 12:57 AM
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where
there is no river.

Nikita Khrushchev (1894 - 1971)

"RST Engineering" > wrote in message
> Who can give me the source of this quotation:
>

> "Politicians are the same the world over. They all promise to build you a
> bridge where there is no river."
>

> ???
>
> Jim
>

> "W P Dixon" > wrote in message
>> Spoken Like A true Politician ;)

Montblack
April 19th 05, 03:37 PM
("John Ousterhout" wrote)
> I googled it and the first six links I checked all attributed it to
> Nikita Khrushchev.
>
> Hmmm... Are you trying to tell us something Jim?

"Tanned, rested and ready."

Montblack

Google