PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for intercom

Casey Wilson
April 21st 05, 12:46 AM
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a battery-powered intercom for 2-to-4 headsets.
Sporty's is kind of pricey, and I'm the basic cheap ba....., whatever. In
addition to battery portability, I'd like to have an adapter to go from the
??PL-59 down to the mini-jack plug.
Any suggestions? For the intercom or adapter, that is.

Casey

john smith
April 21st 05, 02:28 AM
Try RST Engineering's intercom kit.
Works great.
Easy to understand and follow instructions for the novice.
I built mine in 1982.
The 9V battery lasts a long time.
You have audio in/out options.
Jim added the pilot/crew isolate switch a few years back, so the current
version is even better than the one I have.
Two place expandable to four.
Best price to perfomance value available.

Casey Wilson wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm in the market for a battery-powered intercom for 2-to-4 headsets.
> Sporty's is kind of pricey, and I'm the basic cheap ba....., whatever. In
> addition to battery portability, I'd like to have an adapter to go from the
> ??PL-59 down to the mini-jack plug.
> Any suggestions? For the intercom or adapter, that is.
> Casey

Bill
April 21st 05, 02:42 AM
I've been using a Flightcom IIsx for 10+ yrs and never had any problems
with it.

Bill

Bill
April 21st 05, 02:43 AM
I've been using a Flightcom IIsx for 10+ yrs and never had any problems
with it.

Bill

Casey Wilson
April 21st 05, 03:05 AM
"john smith" > wrote in message
> Try RST Engineering's intercom kit.
> Works great.

<<< SNIP! >>>

Thanks, John. I peeked at the web site. Looks like the best bet so far.

CW

aluckyguess
April 21st 05, 05:28 AM
I have one email me if your interested.
Remove the one to email me.
"Casey Wilson" <N2310D @ gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm in the market for a battery-powered intercom for 2-to-4 headsets.
> Sporty's is kind of pricey, and I'm the basic cheap ba....., whatever. In
> addition to battery portability, I'd like to have an adapter to go from
> the ??PL-59 down to the mini-jack plug.
> Any suggestions? For the intercom or adapter, that is.
>
> Casey

RST Engineering
April 21st 05, 06:20 AM
Yeah, but the owner is a miserable *******.

{;-)

Jim

"john smith" > wrote in message
> Try RST Engineering's intercom kit.
> Works great.
> Easy to understand and follow instructions for the novice.

Michelle P
April 21st 05, 11:37 AM
Casey,
I have had a PS Engineering PM 1000 for 15 years. Works great never had
a problem.
Michelle

Casey Wilson wrote:

>Hi all,
>
> I'm in the market for a battery-powered intercom for 2-to-4 headsets.
>Sporty's is kind of pricey, and I'm the basic cheap ba....., whatever. In
>addition to battery portability, I'd like to have an adapter to go from the
>??PL-59 down to the mini-jack plug.
> Any suggestions? For the intercom or adapter, that is.
>
>Casey

Denny
April 21st 05, 11:59 AM
Yeah, but the owner is a miserable *******
************************************************** **************

Nyaaa, he's not that bad, almost, but not quite.. Ya see, Mama left him
in the oven too long, he got over baked and crusty, and when she
delivered him the first thing he did was criticize the doctor's forceps
and offered to sell him a kit for a better pair...

denny

Morgans
April 22nd 05, 04:05 AM
"RST Engineering" > wrote in message