PDA

View Full Version : Re: Lowest cost per mile flown motor- 2 stroke

Bruce A. Frank
July 2nd 03, 06:25 AM
In theory the lead provides lubrication, but in application it causes
sticking and burned valves from un-even deposits on the sealing surfaces
of the valve and seat. Now if you have rotators on the valves there
might be a different story. With the materials used in valves and valve
seats, even antique aviation engines 8^)... valve seat recession hasn't
turned out to be a problem. Unleaded fuel may extend the TBO for top
overhauls. If it is a concern, run a tank of LL through every 4th or 5th
fillup.

--
Bruce A. Frank, Editor "Ford 3.8/4.2L Engine and V-6 STOL
Homebuilt Aircraft Newsletter"

Google