PDA

View Full Version : A web site that does exactly what it says on the tin....

Nigel
April 22nd 05, 07:32 AM
I was talking to someone about how difficult it is to buy from a web site
nowadays. So many people have missed the point. As a web designer I was told
you should be able to buy something from a site in three clicks.

At last I found a site that allowed me to do this. It's called
www.modelbits.com and even if you don't buy anything it's worth taking a
look to see how functionality wins over looks every time.

I know some of the pages aren't up yet but from the update page you can see
things are actually being updated - wow what a concept :)

To prove what I mean, I asked my 11 year old son to add some rotor head
links for my Hummingbird V3 Helicopter to the shopping basket and he managed
to so easily it was a pleasure to watch.

Blanche
April 22nd 05, 03:27 PM
Odd isn't it? That the poster who states "I found this great site"
has the same DNS as the website.

Paul Tomblin
April 22nd 05, 04:30 PM
In a previous article, Blanche > said:
>Odd isn't it? That the poster who states "I found this great site"
>has the same DNS as the website.

Funny how it always works out that way, eh? You'd think that these idiots
would think to post from a fake email address using google groups or
something, wouldn't you?

--
Paul Tomblin > http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"But you've got to hand it to IBM, they know how to design hardware. The

Steve Foley
April 22nd 05, 04:54 PM
Dear Mr. Spammer,

Just for fun I looked at your site. As this is an aviation piloting group, I
hoped to find headsets, GPS receivers, and a few handheld radios.

All I could find were toys.

I even asked my 11 year old for help, but all he could find were toys. He
was pretty disappointed too.

"Nigel" > wrote in message

> I was talking to someone about how difficult it is to buy from a web site
> nowadays. So many people have missed the point. As a web designer I was
told
> you should be able to buy something from a site in three clicks.
>

> At last I found a site that allowed me to do this. It's called
> www.modelbits.com and even if you don't buy anything it's worth taking a
> look to see how functionality wins over looks every time.
>

> I know some of the pages aren't up yet but from the update page you can
see
> things are actually being updated - wow what a concept :)
>

> To prove what I mean, I asked my 11 year old son to add some rotor head
> links for my Hummingbird V3 Helicopter to the shopping basket and he
managed
> to so easily it was a pleasure to watch.

Nigel
April 22nd 05, 10:04 PM
Hi Steve,

Sorry about that, I was trying a little self site promotion and got it all a
bit wrong. Need to stick to site design and retailing I think. The reason
behind ppsting in this group was I have a few pilot friends that fly our of
Hurn airport in Bournemouth that are also model flyers and I thought you
might be interested.

Once again sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

Nigel.

"Steve Foley" > wrote in message
> Dear Mr. Spammer,
>
> Just for fun I looked at your site. As this is an aviation piloting group,
> hoped to find headsets, GPS receivers, and a few handheld radios.
>
> All I could find were toys.
>
> I even asked my 11 year old for help, but all he could find were toys. He
> was pretty disappointed too.
>

> "Nigel" > wrote in message
>>

>> I was talking to someone about how difficult it is to buy from a web site
>> nowadays. So many people have missed the point. As a web designer I was
> told
>> you should be able to buy something from a site in three clicks.
>>

>> At last I found a site that allowed me to do this. It's called
>> www.modelbits.com and even if you don't buy anything it's worth taking a
>> look to see how functionality wins over looks every time.
>>

>> I know some of the pages aren't up yet but from the update page you can
> see
>> things are actually being updated - wow what a concept :)
>>

>> To prove what I mean, I asked my 11 year old son to add some rotor head
>> links for my Hummingbird V3 Helicopter to the shopping basket and he
> managed
>> to so easily it was a pleasure to watch.

Bob Noel
April 22nd 05, 11:13 PM
In article >,
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

> In a previous article, Blanche > said:
> >Odd isn't it? That the poster who states "I found this great site"
> >has the same DNS as the website.
>
> Funny how it always works out that way, eh? You'd think that these idiots
> would think to post from a fake email address using google groups or
> something, wouldn't you?

They are counting on the stupidity of others. If someone is smart enough
not to be fooled by the spamming scum, then that someone is probably
smart enough not to buy from the spamming scum.

--
Bob Noel
looking for a sig the lawyers will like

Matt Barrow
April 23rd 05, 01:18 AM
"Nigel" > wrote in message
> Hi Steve,
>
> Sorry about that, I was trying a little self site promotion and got it all
> bit wrong. Need to stick to site design and retailing I think. The reason
> behind ppsting in this group was I have a few pilot friends that fly our
of
> Hurn airport in Bournemouth that are also model flyers and I thought you
> might be interested.
>
> Once again sorry for any inconvenience caused.

It's not so much inconvenience, but you misrepresented yourself.

That brings in serious questions about your integrity as a businessman.

Google