PDA

View Full Version : r.a.i and comcast giganews

Gary Drescher
April 26th 05, 03:05 PM
I no longer see rec.aviation.ifr on Comcast's newsfeed (via Giganews). The
other rec.aviation.* groups are still present though. I've been unable to
get a substantive response from Comcast or Giganews. Has anyone else
encountered this problem?

--Gary

Larry Dighera
April 26th 05, 03:55 PM
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:05:24 -0400, "Gary Drescher"
> wrote in
>::

>I no longer see rec.aviation.ifr on Comcast's newsfeed (via Giganews).

It must be a Comcast issue. I just found 23,000+ rec.aviation.ifr
message headers on the giganews server.

Michael 182
April 26th 05, 03:59 PM
"Gary Drescher" > wrote in message
>I no longer see rec.aviation.ifr on Comcast's newsfeed (via Giganews). The
>other rec.aviation.* groups are still present though. I've been unable to
>get a substantive response from Comcast or Giganews. Has anyone else
>encountered this problem?
>
> --Gary

I use newsgroups.comcast.net and I'm getting rai

Michael

Stephen McNaught
April 26th 05, 04:15 PM
I'm getting rec.aviation.ifr from Giganews via Comcast.

"Gary Drescher" > wrote in message
> I no longer see rec.aviation.ifr on Comcast's newsfeed (via Giganews). The
> other rec.aviation.* groups are still present though. I've been unable to
> get a substantive response from Comcast or Giganews. Has anyone else
> encountered this problem?
>
> --Gary

Gary Drescher
April 26th 05, 07:58 PM
"Michael 182" > wrote in message
> "Gary Drescher" > wrote in message
>>I no longer see rec.aviation.ifr on Comcast's newsfeed (via Giganews). The
>>other rec.aviation.* groups are still present though. I've been unable to
>>get a substantive response from Comcast or Giganews. Has anyone else
>>encountered this problem?
>
> I use newsgroups.comcast.net and I'm getting rai

Thanks, I've got it back now. (It had somehow disappeared from my OE's list
of newsgroups. Then, when I thought I was re-downloading the whole list of
newsgroups, I was actually only looking at the previously cached list, so
rai was still missing. Telling OE to "reset" the list of groups
re-downloaded them and made rai reappear.)

--Gary

S Narayan
April 26th 05, 09:34 PM
"Gary Drescher" > wrote in message
> I no longer see rec.aviation.ifr on Comcast's newsfeed (via Giganews). The
> other rec.aviation.* groups are still present though. I've been unable to
> get a substantive response from Comcast or Giganews. Has anyone else
> encountered this problem?

I have had the problem on teranews for the past week or so, today all the
message headers downloaded.

Google