PDA

View Full Version : Exporting A/C parts from Germany

Larry
April 29th 05, 04:05 PM
Hello,
I just bought an older Turboshaft Engine from a seller in Germany.
Apparently German Customs will not let him export it because "The turbine is
used in Military and civil helicopters. Because of the useing in Military
helicopters it is forbidden to export the turbine."

Is he getting a 'run around' or being lied to? Should he arrange to have an
Aviation Parts Supplier or Aircraft Broker ship it to the States?

Suggestions?

Thanks! Larry

Bill Chernoff
April 30th 05, 12:12 AM
look at https://www.pmdtc.org/consolidated_itar.htm
for the American rules for exporting turbines. The way I read it, it says
turbines themselves are ok to export, but exporting the technical info
needed to MAKE them is a no-no. Who knows what the rules are in Germany,
though...

Juan Jimenez
April 30th 05, 10:38 PM
Did you buy that helicopter turbine engine that was for sale on eBay? I
thought the seller said he was going to ship it to California and that the
buyer would only be required to pay for it once it arrived in the US... is
this a different one? If it's the same engine, it didn't come from a mil
helo, it came from a law enforcement helo, no?

> "Larry" > wrote in message
>>
>> Hello,
>> I just bought an older Turboshaft Engine from a seller in Germany.
>> Apparently German Customs will not let him export it because "The turbine
>> is
>> used in Military and civil helicopters. Because of the useing in Military
>> helicopters it is forbidden to export the turbine."
>>
>> Is he getting a 'run around' or being lied to? Should he arrange to have
>> an
>> Aviation Parts Supplier or Aircraft Broker ship it to the States?

Google