PDA

View Full Version : Menasco

IAN DONALDSON
October 7th 04, 02:24 PM
Why not just build it full scale?

G'day Ted.

Now that is a good question!

Here in Australia we are allowed to build and fly aircraft that have a take
MTOW of 600 kilograms. We do not require a full aviation pilot licence to
operate these aircraft so it is an attractive proposition to make a semi
scale aircraft.

The Ryan at full scale is far too heavy to meet these criteria.

Regards

Ian Donaldson

Rich S.
October 7th 04, 05:36 PM
"IAN DONALDSON" > wrote in message
> Here in Australia we are allowed to build and fly aircraft that have a
> take
> MTOW of 600 kilograms. We do not require a full aviation pilot licence to
> operate these aircraft so it is an attractive proposition to make a semi
> scale aircraft.
>
> The Ryan at full scale is far too heavy to meet these criteria.

Ah! Government regulation triumphs again over good engineering.

Rich S.

Google