PDA

View Full Version : Ercoupes - Ercoupe 01.jpg (1/1)

Mitchell Holman[_9_]
April 17th 20, 01:50 PM

Miloch
April 17th 20, 04:17 PM
In article >, Mitchell Holman
says...

I can remember when seeing these wasn't unusual...nowadays?...not so much.

Role
Light aircraft

National origin
United States

Manufacturer
Engineering and Research Corporation

Designer
Fred Weick

First flight
1937

Produced
1940–1969

Number built
5,685

Unit cost

US $2,665–9,295 (1941)
($46.3 thousand–162 thousand in 2019 dollars)

Variants
Alon X-A4 Aircoupe
Mooney M10 Cadet
Bryan Autoplane

Specifications (Ercoupe 415-C)

General characteristics
Crew: 1 or 2
Capacity: 0 or 1 pax
Length: 20 ft 9 in (6.32 m)
Wingspan: 30 ft 0 in (9.14 m)
Height: 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)
Wing area: 142.6 sq ft (13.25 m2)
Airfoil: NACA 43013[48]
Powerplant: 1 × Continental C75-12 4-cylinder air-cooled horizontally-opposed
piston engine, 75 hp (56 kW)
Propellers: 2-bladed variable-pitch propeller

Performance
Maximum speed: 110 mph (180 km/h, 96 kn)
Cruise speed: 95 mph (153 km/h, 83 kn)
Stall speed: 48 mph (77 km/h, 42 kn)
Never exceed speed: 144 mph (232 km/h, 125 kn)
Range: 300 mi (480 km, 260 nmi)
Service ceiling: 13,000 ft (4,000 m)
Rate of climb: 550 ft/min (2.8 m/s)
Wing loading: 8.83 lb/sq ft (43.1 kg/m2)

*

Mitchell Holman[_9_]
April 17th 20, 06:56 PM
Miloch > wrote in
:

> In article >, Mitchell
> Holman says...
>>

> I can remember when seeing these wasn't unusual...nowadays?...not so
> much.

The one taking off with JATO bottles must
have been a heck of a ride.

And then there is the taildragger version
in here somewhere........

> Role
> Light aircraft
>
> National origin
> United States
>
> Manufacturer
> Engineering and Research Corporation
>
> Designer
> Fred Weick
>
> First flight
> 1937
>
> Produced
> 1940–1969
>
> Number built
> 5,685
>
> Unit cost
>
> US $2,665–9,295 (1941)
> ($46.3 thousand–162 thousand in 2019 dollars)
>
> Variants
> Alon X-A4 Aircoupe
> Mooney M10 Cadet
> Bryan Autoplane
>

> Specifications (Ercoupe 415-C)
>
> General characteristics
> Crew: 1 or 2
> Capacity: 0 or 1 pax
> Length: 20 ft 9 in (6.32 m)
> Wingspan: 30 ft 0 in (9.14 m)
> Height: 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)
> Wing area: 142.6 sq ft (13.25 m2)
> Airfoil: NACA 43013[48]
> Powerplant: 1 × Continental C75-12 4-cylinder air-cooled
> horizontally-opposed piston engine, 75 hp (56 kW)
> Propellers: 2-bladed variable-pitch propeller
>
> Performance
> Maximum speed: 110 mph (180 km/h, 96 kn)
> Cruise speed: 95 mph (153 km/h, 83 kn)
> Stall speed: 48 mph (77 km/h, 42 kn)
> Never exceed speed: 144 mph (232 km/h, 125 kn)
> Range: 300 mi (480 km, 260 nmi)
> Service ceiling: 13,000 ft (4,000 m)
> Rate of climb: 550 ft/min (2.8 m/s)
> Wing loading: 8.83 lb/sq ft (43.1 kg/m2)
>

> *

Miloch
April 18th 20, 01:49 AM
In article >, Mitchell Holman
says...

:

>> In article >, Mitchell
>> Holman says...
>>>

>> I can remember when seeing these wasn't unusual...nowadays?...not so
>> much.
>>

> The one taking off with JATO bottles must
>have been a heck of a ride.
>
> And then there is the taildragger version
>in here somewhere........

Found this interesting photo of Fred Weick's first design...and of course the
'twin'...sorta like the twin Mustang.

*

Mitchell Holman[_9_]
April 18th 20, 02:30 AM
Miloch > wrote in
:

:

>>> In article >, Mitchell
>>> Holman says...
>>>>

>>> I can remember when seeing these wasn't unusual...nowadays?...not so
>>> much.
>>>

>> The one taking off with JATO bottles must
>>have been a heck of a ride.
>>
>> And then there is the taildragger version
>>in here somewhere........
>>

> Found this interesting photo of Fred Weick's first design...and of
> course the 'twin'...sorta like the twin Mustang.

I saw a pair of Bonanzas stitched
together like that once........

Miloch
April 18th 20, 03:03 AM
In article >, Mitchell Holman
says...

:

:

>>> The one taking off with JATO bottles must
>>>have been a heck of a ride.
>>>
>>> And then there is the taildragger version
>>>in here somewhere........
>>>

>> Found this interesting photo of Fred Weick's first design...and of
>> course the 'twin'...sorta like the twin Mustang.
>>

> I saw a pair of Bonanzas stitched
>together like that once........

This is University Airport...somewhere around the time I was there learning to
fly...someone had a Ercoupe parked on the black ramp (left center)...the white
building showing attached to the left side of the ramp was unlocked in the
morning...left unattended all day...and someone came by at 5PM to lock the place
up...just a building with a couple couches, table, chairs, bathroom etc. No
tower...just a 'unicom' on a loop that broadcast barometric pressure and wind
direction. There was a hanger that shows as a white building going vertical to
the black ramp.

*

Google