PDA

View Full Version : Chief Petty Officer Robert Llwellyn Dooms USN RET

Tank Fixer
May 6th 05, 02:55 AM
Around 3AM last night our niece called to say they had taken my father-in-
law to the hospital.
He was diagnosed with congestive heart failure last November and has been
staying at home with a hospice nurse visit every few days.
Donna, my wife and Cynthia my oldest daughter drove south today. Donna
called around 1700 to let me know he passed away at 1630 today. The funeral
will be early next week.

Chief Petty Officer Robert Llwellyn Dooms USN RET

Enlisted in 1940, served in PBY druing WW2, PBM and PV2 post war and then
was a maintainder of AD-3 later in his career.
He retired in 1963.

To absent comrades..

May 14th 05, 12:02 PM
Tank Fixer wrote:
> Around 3AM last night our niece called to say they had taken my father-in-
> law to the hospital.
> He was diagnosed with congestive heart failure last November and has been
> staying at home with a hospice nurse visit every few days.
> Donna, my wife and Cynthia my oldest daughter drove south today. Donna
> called around 1700 to let me know he passed away at 1630 today. The funeral
> will be early next week.
>
> Chief Petty Officer Robert Llwellyn Dooms USN RET
>
> Enlisted in 1940, served in PBY druing WW2, PBM and PV2 post war and then
> was a maintainder of AD-3 later in his career.
> He retired in 1963.
>
> To absent comrades..

God bless him and his family.

We are all connected in ways we never think of. I would later fly in
EA-3Bs after their strategic bombing mission was given over entirely to
the Air Force, and the A3-Ds were converted to a number of other
missions. They were never easy to maintain, and unpopular with folks
that had to manage flight deck and hangar bay space. There's no doubt
his leadership and technical abilities were fully challenged by these
planes and the special folks that made their living fixing and flying them.

To our absent comrades indeed...as we fondly remember them..forever young.

Google