PDA

View Full Version : Gliding Club Experiences

October 31st 20, 03:18 AM
Hello Gliders,

I wanted to make this post to see other pilots experiences at their local gliding clubs. My experience at my local gliding club is so-so, speaking as a young soon to be solo pilot, because of organisational management.

My friend and I have been quite frustrated due to extreme slowness of getting everything into play, from the briefing to bringing out the gliders. Only yesterday, we had the gliders out and ready to be towed to the glider strip at 9.30am, our first flight was at 11.15am... and it was a spectacular day for soaring.

Is this the norm?

I would love to hear your experiences! Thank you!

Paul T[_4_]
November 2nd 20, 06:18 AM
At 03:18 31 October 2020, wrote:
>Hello Gliders,
>

>I wanted to make this post to see other pilots experiences at their local
>g=
>liding clubs. My experience at my local gliding club is so-so, speaking
as
>=
>a young soon to be solo pilot, because of organisational management.
>

>My friend and I have been quite frustrated due to extreme slowness of
>getti=
>ng everything into play, from the briefing to bringing out the gliders.
>Onl=
>y yesterday, we had the gliders out and ready to be towed to the glider
>str=
>ip at 9.30am, our first flight was at 11.15am... and it was a spectacular
>d=
>ay for soaring.
>

>Is this the norm?
>

>I would love to hear your experiences! Thank you!

Clubs vary - I guess if you are in the USA you will have limited options -

in Europe their are usually several to choose from -so most clubs have to
be on top of their game or they lose members and go bust. However
rather than hitting the internet why not address your issues with the club

board - there maybe issues you are unaware of, or it just maybe the
'culture'. Sometimes the culture can be changed - but it usually a slow
process.

Google