PDA

View Full Version : Watch An Escaped Wheel Ring Someone's Doorbell At About 40 MPH [3/3] - Tire Hits House at 65 mph.webp (1/1)

Miloch
August 28th 20, 03:24 AM
Ya...not exactly on topic but interesting none the less...the guy at the end is
all of us!

https://jalopnik.com/watch-an-escaped-wheel-ring-someones-doorbell-at-about-1844854394

Wheels don’t go flying off cars too often (though it’s happened to me once in a
Lemons race) but when they do, they have a remarkable ability to cover some
serious, bouncy ground. This video, shot by the doorbell camera on a home in
Pataskala, Ohio, shows just how much momentum and speed an errant wheel can
maintain after it separates from whatever was spinning it in the first place.
Ding-Dong, motherlovers!

Here, watch the destruction:

Holy crap, right? That wheel just smacks that column out of the way like it was
smacking away a fly, and then it sounds like it shatters glass on the door
before helpfully ringing the doorbell.

It’s not really clear what the wheel came from; it could be a trailer tire,
though it seems large enough to have come from a car, too. The hub is smoking
pretty dramatically, so perhaps the bearings seized or something like that,
which caused a enough friction to weaken the metal, snapping off the wheel and
sending it on its new mission to trash someone’s front door.

I especially like this look of absolute bafflement as this kid hears the
doorbell and commotion, and comes out to see a smoldering tire on the lawn and a
trashed front porch; you can almost feel the what-the-**** rays emanating right
from your monitor.

So, um, be careful out there, I guess? Do what you can to keep random wheels
from slamming into your houses, somehow.

*

Google