PDA

View Full Version : A Smart Way to Recover a Glider Pilot Hanging Among Trees

Tom BravoMike
February 28th 21, 09:10 PM
An early-season accident in Germany yesterday (Feb. 27, 2021), with a happy outcome: an ASK-21 ends up hanging among trees close to the Burg Feuerstein Airfield (Bayern); no injuries to the pilot reported.

I like the way the rope is used to secure the pilot by recovery. Watch the video:

https://www.br.de/nachrichten/bayern/segelflieger-bleibt-bei-forchheim-in-baumkronen-haengen,SQIMdPO

I learned about the accident from the comments under the video posted by the popular soaring pilot and vlogger Stefan Langer. His out-and-return flight in low altitude was (impressive) 300 km long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCBMY-ofoEk

Google