PDA

View Full Version : Question on Garmin GNC 250XL

Ron
October 22nd 04, 04:22 AM
My question deals with the squelch on my Garmin GNC 250XL. The squelch
threshold level is not high enough. There is no adjustable squelch, only a
button that turns squelch on or off. Does anyone know how I can raise the
squelch threshold level so that the radio doesn't constantly break-in with
very weak signals from traffic WAY far away?

I hope to hear from someone,

Ron

Paul Lee
October 24th 04, 08:26 AM
If you remove the unit from the cage, arent there several holes
on top that reach to pots for adjusting things, including
the squelch treshold level? I recal my 300XL having that.
Just pull the unit out with the alen wrench release hole on front.

"Ron" <no one @home.com> wrote in message >...
> My question deals with the squelch on my Garmin GNC 250XL. The squelch
> threshold level is not high enough. There is no adjustable squelch, only a
> button that turns squelch on or off. Does anyone know how I can raise the
> squelch threshold level so that the radio doesn't constantly break-in with
> very weak signals from traffic WAY far away?
>
> I hope to hear from someone,
>
> Ron

Google