PDA

View Full Version : Meet Your NTSB Board

Nicholas Kennedy
March 30th 21, 11:17 PM
Dan Gryder does these short probable cause Aircraft accident Vids
At 2:56 meet your NTSB Boards and their credentials.
Nick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvVleOyrLx0

Tony[_7_]
March 31st 21, 01:03 AM
> Dan Gryder does these short probable cause Aircraft accident Vids
> At 2:56 meet your NTSB Boards and their credentials.
> Nick
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvVleOyrLx0
Why do so many of the NTSB accident reports incorrectly claim that the towplane released the glider!? Not speaking of ptt accidents.

Walt Connelly
April 1st 21, 03:05 PM
;1040575']On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 6:17:47 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Dan Gryder does these short probable cause Aircraft accident Vids
At 2:56 meet your NTSB Boards and their credentials.
Nick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvVleOyrLx0
Why do so many of the NTSB accident reports incorrectly claim that the towplane released the glider!? Not speaking of ptt accidents.

Very interesting regarding the qualifications of the NTSB board members. I don't think being current is overly important but the female member is listed on the FAA Airman Registry site as having a student pilots certificate. Maybe she is an accident reconstruction engineer? Not that she is identified as such. None are helicopter pilots and one might think that having at least ONE investigator with a helicopter background would be beneficial. I would think that an ATP/A&P type background would be important but that's just my opinion. I guess this is just another example of government officials in over their heads?

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot
Now Happy Helicopter Pilot

Mark Mocho
April 1st 21, 07:57 PM
Actually, one of the main objectives in my aviation "career" (all of it unpaid) is to NEVER "meet" my NTSB Board.

Or insurance adjusters, assorted cops, firefighters, EMTs, ambulance drivers, angry landowners and emergency room doctors.

I would list the Coroner, but at that point, it's probably moot.

Frank Whiteley
April 1st 21, 09:47 PM
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 12:43:09 PM UTC-6, Walt Connelly wrote:
> 'Tony[_7_ Wrote:
> > ;1040575']On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 6:17:47 PM UTC-4,
> > wrote:-
> > Dan Gryder does these short probable cause Aircraft accident Vids
> > At 2:56 meet your NTSB Boards and their credentials.
> > Nick
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvVleOyrLx0-
> > Why do so many of the NTSB accident reports incorrectly claim that the
> > towplane released the glider!? Not speaking of ptt accidents.
> Very interesting regarding the qualifications of the NTSB board members.
> I don't think being current is overly important but the female member
> is listed on the FAA Airman Registry site as having a student pilots
> certificate. Maybe she is an accident reconstruction engineer? Not
> that she is identified as such. None are helicopter pilots and one
> might think that having at least ONE investigator with a helicopter
> background would be beneficial. I would think that an ATP/A&P type
> background would be important but that's just my opinion. I guess this
> is just another example of government officials in over their heads?
>
> Walt Connelly
> Former Tow Pilot
> Now Happy Helicopter Pilot
>

> --
> Walt Connelly
Now you may understand why NTSB recommendations may not be enacted by FAA and other agency. Sometimes more political than actionable.

MNLou
April 2nd 21, 12:53 AM
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 1:57:33 PM UTC-5, Mark Mocho wrote:
> Actually, one of the main objectives in my aviation "career" (all of it unpaid) is to NEVER "meet" my NTSB Board.
> > Or insurance adjusters, assorted cops, firefighters, EMTs, ambulance drivers, angry landowners and emergency room doctors.
> > I would list the Coroner, but at that point, it's probably moot.

What Mark said!!

Lou

Walt Connelly
April 4th 21, 07:19 PM
If you really want to see a failure to communicate and cooperate just try to manage representatives from the DOE, EPA, OSHA and the NRC at a nuclear power station all at the same time. Had to tell them I would accompany them all into containment but not one at a time, all at the same time. That went over like a fart in church. It was a rarity but it happened to me a couple of times where at least two or three showed up insisting on entry with a health physics escort. I could push back on EPA a bit but not the other three.

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot
Now Happy Helicopter Pilot

Google