PDA

View Full Version : Einar Enevoldson passing

Semantics Michael
April 17th 21, 04:51 AM
Einar Enevoldson passed away Thursday.

Short bio at Perlan Project: https://perlanproject.org/member/einar-enevoldson

Frank Whiteley
April 17th 21, 06:37 AM
On Friday, April 16, 2021 at 9:51:44 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> Einar Enevoldson passed away Thursday.
>
> Short bio at Perlan Project: https://perlanproject.org/member/einar-enevoldson
https://www.soaringmuseum.org/hof_more.php?id=33

Mark Mocho
April 17th 21, 05:03 PM
Sorry to hear about Einar's passing. Truly an unsung aviation legend, and a fine gentleman. It's a shame that Perlan II didn't get a chance to achieve Einar's stated goal of 90,000 feet, but I am sure the project will continue with his dream. Condolences to his family and the Perlan team.

David Shelton[_2_]
April 18th 21, 10:25 AM
I was saddened to hear the news. If anyone is interested in Einar's aviation experiences, grab a copy of "Soaring Beyond The Clouds."

2G
April 19th 21, 02:10 AM
On Sunday, April 18, 2021 at 2:25:36 AM UTC-7, David Shelton wrote:
> I was saddened to hear the news. If anyone is interested in Einar's aviation experiences, grab a copy of "Soaring Beyond The Clouds."
Here is a somewhat more detailed Wikipedia article on Einar:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einar_Enevoldson
Tom

Bill Hill
April 19th 21, 03:32 AM
Einar was a true aviation pioneer of both the twentieth and twenty first century.
He was the first pilot to fly George Applebay's fifteen meter Zuni aircraft and subsequently suggested that George reflex the trailing edge of the all flying stabilizer in order to preclude any tendency for high speed tuck. George followed Einar's advice and performed the suggested modification.
Einar and I spent a good deal of time discussing the flight characteristics of the Zuni. He was a gracious gentleman who went to great lengths describing what additional tests should be performed on Georges glider.

Bill Hill

Frank Whiteley
April 19th 21, 06:10 AM
On Friday, April 16, 2021 at 9:51:44 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> Einar Enevoldson passed away Thursday.
>
> Short bio at Perlan Project: https://perlanproject.org/member/einar-enevoldson
https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/20814233/Einar-K-Enevoldson/Colma/California/Colma-Cremation-and-Funeral-Services

Google