PDA

View Full Version : Valkenburg open day 4 June 05

Marco P.J. Borst
June 1st 05, 06:28 PM
Dear all,

Below is the most recent, complete and final list of participating aircraft
for the open day at RNLNAS Valkenburg. Aircraft arriving on Friday between
9:00am and 2:00pm. On Saturday the base is open to the public from 11:30am
until 6:00pm. Static show only (most aircraft will be open to the public).
Five or six RNLN P-3s will be home and only one of them will be in a hangar,
all others are outside in the static display. Departures on Sunday and
Monday.

RNoAF / P-3N (#6603)
FN / Atlantique
ItAF / Atlantic
GN / Alantic (SIGINT)
USN / P-3C AIP (VP-30)
RAF / Nimrod
CF / CP-140 (405sqn)
PoAF / P-3P
RNLN / SH-14 Lynx
RNLN / 4 or 5x P-3C

Catalina
DC-3
B-25
S-11
Beechcraft
Spitfire
Harvard

Not bad at all for an air station without an operational status and with
limited manpower to organise all this.

Regards,
Marco P.J. Borst
P-3 Orion Research Group - The Netherlands

e-mail:
P-3 website: http://home.planet.nl/~p3orion
MSN Messenger:
subscribe to the P-3 Orion e-mail group:

"The reward of a job well done is to have done it."

Paul Haaze
June 1st 05, 06:37 PM
"Marco P.J. Borst" > schreef in bericht
> Dear all,
>
> Below is the most recent, complete and final list of participating
> aircraft
> for the open day at RNLNAS Valkenburg. Aircraft arriving on Friday between
> 9:00am and 2:00pm. On Saturday the base is open to the public from 11:30am
> until 6:00pm. Static show only (most aircraft will be open to the public).
> Five or six RNLN P-3s will be home and only one of them will be in a
> hangar,
> all others are outside in the static display. Departures on Sunday and
> Monday.
>
> RNoAF / P-3N (#6603)
> FN / Atlantique
> ItAF / Atlantic
> GN / Alantic (SIGINT)
> USN / P-3C AIP (VP-30)
> RAF / Nimrod
> CF / CP-140 (405sqn)
> PoAF / P-3P
> RNLN / SH-14 Lynx
> RNLN / 4 or 5x P-3C
>
> Catalina
> DC-3
> B-25
> S-11
> Beechcraft
> Spitfire
> Harvard
>
> Not bad at all for an air station without an operational status and with
> limited manpower to organise all this.
>
> Regards,
> Marco P.J. Borst
> P-3 Orion Research Group - The Netherlands
>
> e-mail:
> P-3 website: http://home.planet.nl/~p3orion
> MSN Messenger:
> subscribe to the P-3 Orion e-mail group:
>
> "The reward of a job well done is to have done it."

This will be the last show on "Valkenburg-Airport" would't it?

I think I suppose so.

Paul Haaze Mercuur

Peter
June 2nd 05, 07:03 AM
"Marco P.J. Borst" > schreef in bericht
> Dear all,
>
> Below is the most recent, complete and final list of participating
> aircraft
> for the open day at RNLNAS Valkenburg. Aircraft arriving on Friday between
> 9:00am and 2:00pm. On Saturday the base is open to the public from 11:30am
> until 6:00pm. Static show only (most aircraft will be open to the public).
> Five or six RNLN P-3s will be home and only one of them will be in a
> hangar,
> all others are outside in the static display. Departures on Sunday and
> Monday.

Hebben we het dan over dit weekend?

Jeroen Wenting
June 7th 05, 07:28 PM

> This will be the last show on "Valkenburg-Airport" would't it?
>

> I think I suppose so.

No, there is no Valkenburg Airport. It was the last time at Valkenburg NAS
though.
Rather strange there were Dutch Orions given that those are no longer in
service, having been given away to Germany (together with free crew
training, maintenance facilities, etc. etc.).

Let's start speculating on what's to go next (after Soesterberg and Twente
obviously which are marked for closure already).
My guess is either Volkel or Gilze Rijen will be announced for closure this
year or next and be closed by 2010 at the latest, the aircraft being sold or
scrapped like the ones from Twente.
That will leave 2 operational fighter bases with 30-40 aircraft each.

Next step will be cancellation of the F-16 replacement program, an
announcement I expect in 2007 at the latest.

Google