PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Ventuis 2 cx and Ventus 2cxR

Chris Runeckles
June 9th 21, 02:05 PM
I see there is a Ventus 2 cxR for sale in the Segelflug.De
I own a Ventus 2 CXa (small fuselage) and a Ventus 2 Cx,(Standard fuselage) but can find no reference to a V2CxR in any of the Schempp Hirth literature. can any one shed any light on what the "R" stands for please ?
Chris Runeckles

andy l
June 9th 21, 02:42 PM
On Wednesday, 9 June 2021 at 14:05:43 UTC+1, wrote:
> I see there is a Ventus 2 cxR for sale in the Segelflug.De
> I own a Ventus 2 CXa (small fuselage) and a Ventus 2 Cx,(Standard fuselage) but can find no reference to a V2CxR in any of the Schempp Hirth literature. can any one shed any light on what the "R" stands for please ?
> Chris Runeckles

R means it has an emergency parachute, sufficient size for the whole glider and pilot, installed in what would otherwise be the engine box (though I'm not sure if the box is identical size)

Google