PDA

View Full Version : A Good Pilot Could Use a Card From YOU!

Dudley Henriques
June 3rd 05, 04:21 PM
Jack Broughton, ex lead of the Thunderbirds and well known aviation writer
is recuperating from a heart attack. He is in a hospital in New York. The
prognosis I've been given is good.
I have kept the Thunderbird organization in the loop on this, and I'm
posting it here in the clear in the hope that many of you out there will
take the time to send him a card. He's been through a rough time.
When you do, you may identify yourselves as a friend of the Fighter Pilots
Fellowship, and FWIW, you may consider yourselves a friend of mine as well.
Thank you

The address is as follows;

Col. Jack Broughton
Helen Hayes Hospital
Route 9W, West Haverstraw, NY 10993

Jon Kraus
June 3rd 05, 05:13 PM
I'll drop him a card Dudley. He'll be in my prayers.

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201

Dudley Henriques wrote:
> Jack Broughton, ex lead of the Thunderbirds and well known aviation writer
> is recuperating from a heart attack. He is in a hospital in New York. The
> prognosis I've been given is good.
> I have kept the Thunderbird organization in the loop on this, and I'm
> posting it here in the clear in the hope that many of you out there will
> take the time to send him a card. He's been through a rough time.
> When you do, you may identify yourselves as a friend of the Fighter Pilots
> Fellowship, and FWIW, you may consider yourselves a friend of mine as well.
> Thank you
>
> The address is as follows;
>
> Col. Jack Broughton
> Helen Hayes Hospital
> Route 9W, West Haverstraw, NY 10993

Corky Scott
June 3rd 05, 05:33 PM
On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 15:21:14 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
<dhenriques@noware .net> wrote:

>Jack Broughton, ex lead of the Thunderbirds and well known aviation writer
>is recuperating from a heart attack. He is in a hospital in New York. The
>prognosis I've been given is good.
>I have kept the Thunderbird organization in the loop on this, and I'm
>posting it here in the clear in the hope that many of you out there will
>take the time to send him a card. He's been through a rough time.
>When you do, you may identify yourselves as a friend of the Fighter Pilots
>Fellowship, and FWIW, you may consider yourselves a friend of mine as well.
>Thank you

Col. Jack Broughton is the author of several books: "Thud Ridge" and
"Going Downtown, the War against Hanoi". Broughton was a flight
leader, flying the F-105 Thunderchief, sometimes called the "Thud".

These are must read books, I've read few books about combat flying in
Vietnam or anywhere that were written as well.

Corky Scott

Cecil Chapman
June 3rd 05, 05:43 PM
Just as Jon mentioned, I'll also get a card to him in the mail and keep him
in my thoughts & prayers.

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL-IA
Student - CP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -
"Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@noware .net> wrote in message
hlink.net...
> Jack Broughton, ex lead of the Thunderbirds and well known aviation writer
> is recuperating from a heart attack. He is in a hospital in New York. The
> prognosis I've been given is good.
> I have kept the Thunderbird organization in the loop on this, and I'm
> posting it here in the clear in the hope that many of you out there will
> take the time to send him a card. He's been through a rough time.
> When you do, you may identify yourselves as a friend of the Fighter Pilots
> Fellowship, and FWIW, you may consider yourselves a friend of mine as
> well.
> Thank you
>
> The address is as follows;
>
> Col. Jack Broughton
> Helen Hayes Hospital
> Route 9W, West Haverstraw, NY 10993

WaltBJ
June 4th 05, 02:43 AM
Thanks for letting us know. I knew him in ADC days when he was at Minot
and I was at Richards-Gebaur. I'll get the card off tomorrow.
Walt BJ

tony roberts
June 4th 05, 06:58 AM
Already done!

Tony

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL

In article .net>,
"Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@noware .net> wrote:

> Jack Broughton, ex lead of the Thunderbirds and well known aviation writer
> is recuperating from a heart attack. He is in a hospital in New York. The
> prognosis I've been given is good.
> I have kept the Thunderbird organization in the loop on this, and I'm
> posting it here in the clear in the hope that many of you out there will
> take the time to send him a card. He's been through a rough time.
> When you do, you may identify yourselves as a friend of the Fighter Pilots
> Fellowship, and FWIW, you may consider yourselves a friend of mine as well.
> Thank you
>
> The address is as follows;
>
> Col. Jack Broughton
> Helen Hayes Hospital
> Route 9W, West Haverstraw, NY 10993

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
VFR OTT
Night
Cessna 172H C-GICE

Robert A. Barker
June 4th 05, 12:41 PM
Count me in

Bob Barker N8749S

"Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@noware .net> wrote in message
hlink.net...
> Jack Broughton, ex lead of the Thunderbirds and well known aviation writer
> is recuperating from a heart attack. He is in a hospital in New York. The
> prognosis I've been given is good.
> I have kept the Thunderbird organization in the loop on this, and I'm
> posting it here in the clear in the hope that many of you out there will
> take the time to send him a card. He's been through a rough time.
> When you do, you may identify yourselves as a friend of the Fighter Pilots
> Fellowship, and FWIW, you may consider yourselves a friend of mine as
> well.
> Thank you
>
> The address is as follows;
>
> Col. Jack Broughton