PDA

View Full Version : F-14 video

Jim
June 13th 05, 09:05 PM
Trying to locate a video I may have seen mentioned in this newsgroup.
An F-14 was making a high speed flyby at sea, experienced either dual
flameout or other total failure. Crew ejected safely.

Might someone recall this and have the link?

ACC USN ret.
NKX, BIKF, NAB, CV-63, NIR
67-69 69-71 71-74 77-80 80-85
&
74-77

Founder: RAMN (rec.aviation.military.naval)

Dave in San Diego
June 13th 05, 10:00 PM
Jim > wrote in :

> Trying to locate a video I may have seen mentioned in this newsgroup.
> An F-14 was making a high speed flyby at sea, experienced either dual
> flameout or other total failure. Crew ejected safely.
>
> Might someone recall this and have the link?

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/f14aExplosion.wmv

and

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/tomcat_explosion.htm

Dave in San Diego

Jim
June 14th 05, 12:13 AM
Dave in San Diego wrote:
> Jim > wrote in :
>

>>Trying to locate a video I may have seen mentioned in this newsgroup.
>>An F-14 was making a high speed flyby at sea, experienced either dual
>>flameout or other total failure. Crew ejected safely.
>>
>>Might someone recall this and have the link?
>

> http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/f14aExplosion.wmv
>
> and
>
> http://www.alexisparkinn.com/tomcat_explosion.htm
>
> Dave in San Diego

That might be the same one. Video I saw was from the CV.

Mike Weeks
June 14th 05, 03:05 AM
Jim wrote:

> That might be the same one. Video I saw was from the CV.

Based on this description it might be the F-14D of VF-31 (IIRC) off
Vinson; from the Discovery Channel-produced program called, again IIRC,
"Carrier at Sea."

They showed a high-speed pass, shot from the carrier, and the bird had
an explosion of some kind. Think both got out OK.

MW

Jim
June 14th 05, 11:00 AM
Mike Weeks wrote:

> Jim wrote:
>

>>That might be the same one. Video I saw was from the CV.
>

> Based on this description it might be the F-14D of VF-31 (IIRC) off
> Vinson; from the Discovery Channel-produced program called, again IIRC,
> "Carrier at Sea."
>
> They showed a high-speed pass, shot from the carrier, and the bird had
> an explosion of some kind. Think both got out OK.
>
> MW

That certainly sounds like it. Now I wonder if that footage made it's
way onto the net.

Mike Weeks
June 15th 05, 10:43 PM
Jim wrote:
> Mike Weeks wrote:
> >
> > Jim wrote:
> >

> >>That might be the same one. Video I saw was from the CV.
> >

> > Based on this description it might be the F-14D of VF-31 (IIRC) off
> > Vinson; from the Discovery Channel-produced program called, again IIRC,
> > "Carrier at Sea."
> >
> > They showed a high-speed pass, shot from the carrier, and the bird had
> > an explosion of some kind. Think both got out OK.
> >
> > MW
> >

> That certainly sounds like it. Now I wonder if that footage made it's
> way onto the net.

Of the top I'd think not, as it was a commercial program -- unlike the
posting "home" videos.

MW

Jim
June 16th 05, 01:28 AM
Mike Weeks wrote:

> Jim wrote:
>
>>Mike Weeks wrote:

>>>Based on this description it might be the F-14D of VF-31 (IIRC) off
>>>Vinson; from the Discovery Channel-produced program called, again IIRC,
>>>"Carrier at Sea."
>>>
>>>They showed a high-speed pass, shot from the carrier, and the bird had
>>>an explosion of some kind. Think both got out OK.
>>>
>>>MW
>>>

>>That certainly sounds like it. Now I wonder if that footage made it's
>>way onto the net.
>

> Of the top I'd think not, as it was a commercial program -- unlike the
> posting "home" videos.
>
> MW

Although I tend to agree I hope you're wrong. I've been amazed over the
years with what could be found on the net. Sometimes we get lucky.

Jim
June 16th 05, 01:29 AM
Mike Weeks wrote:

> Jim wrote:
>
>>Mike Weeks wrote:

>>>Based on this description it might be the F-14D of VF-31 (IIRC) off
>>>Vinson; from the Discovery Channel-produced program called, again IIRC,
>>>"Carrier at Sea."
>>>
>>>They showed a high-speed pass, shot from the carrier, and the bird had
>>>an explosion of some kind. Think both got out OK.
>>>
>>>MW
>>>

>>That certainly sounds like it. Now I wonder if that footage made it's
>>way onto the net.
>

> Of the top I'd think not, as it was a commercial program -- unlike the
> posting "home" videos.
>
> MW

Although I tend to agree I hope you're wrong. I've been amazed over the
years with what could be found on the net. Sometimes we get lucky.

Mike Weeks
June 16th 05, 04:23 AM
Jim wrote:
> Mike Weeks wrote:
> >
> > Jim wrote:

> >>That certainly sounds like it. Now I wonder if that footage made it's
> >>way onto the net.
> >

> > Of the top I'd think not, as it was a commercial program -- unlike the
> > posting "home" videos.
> >
> > MW
> >

> Although I tend to agree I hope you're wrong. I've been amazed over the
> years with what could be found on the net. Sometimes we get lucky.

Yes indeed, sometimes we do get lucky. I suppose I could take my video
copy of the pgm and ... <g>

MW

Maverick
July 18th 05, 10:22 PM
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/aviation_videos.htm#World%20Trade%20Center
%20Attack%20Videos
This is the link to the F-14 flyby at sea with the following explosion.

Sorry, but my English is not really good... :-)

Google