PDA

View Full Version : Rotax 912 Full Throttle Springs

Mark Callahan
July 5th 03, 01:31 PM
I have recently acquired a Sea Rey equipped with the Rotax 912S
engine. While familiarizing myself with the carburetor synchronization
procedure, I noticed that the springs that open the throttle in the
event of a throttle cable disconnect appear to be backwards. The
documentation indicates that the spring will force the throttle open
if the cable becomes disconnected for some reason, but as installed,
the springs will bring the throttle to idle. Am I missing something?

Google