PDA

View Full Version : REQ: long shot - dep ex RAAF P-3Bs 1985

Marco P.J. Borst
June 16th 05, 08:02 PM
Back in 1985/86 seven former RAAF P-3B Orions departed from RAAF Edinburgh
to Burban, CA (2) and Beja, Portugal (5). The aircraft were flown by
Lockheed crews. RAAF roundels were changed and had the Lockheed "star" logo,
RAAF serial numbers were removed.

Although there are some reports (and even ATC strips) saying that the
aircraft were flown out of Australia under civil FAA registration markings,
it seems that these markings were never actually painted on the aircraft. At
least two (but most likely all) planes were ferried without any visible
registration numbers.

To verify this I am looking for pictures taken of these P-3B Orions shortly
before departure or at one of the night stops. I'm taking about the
following aircraft:

(ex-RAAF serial, FAA registration, dep. date RAAF Edinburgh, routing)

A9-292 (N4003G) 24 or 26JAN86 to Burbank, CA via Nadi and Hobolulu
A9-293 (N4008B) 13NOV85 to Beja, Portugal via Cocos Isl., Seychelles and
Cairo
A9-294 (N4008R) 13NOV85 to Beja, Portugal via Cocos Isl., Seychelles and
Cairo
A9-295 (N4007A) 10DEC85 to Beja, Portugal via Cocos Isl., Seychelles and
Cairo
A9-297 (N4003G) 14OCT85 to Beja, Portugal via Cocos Isl., Seychelles and
Cairo
A9-298 (N40035) 14OCT85 to Beja, Portugal via Cocos Isl., Seychelles and
Cairo
A9-605 (N40035) 10DEC85 to Burbank via Nadi and Barbers Point

If anyone has pics of these aircraft shwoing the FAA markings I would
appreciate to receive these!

--
Regards,
Marco P.J. Borst

e-mail:
P-3 website: http://home.planet.nl/~p3orion
MSN Messenger:
subscribe to the P-3 Orion e-mail group:

"The reward of a job well done is to have done it."

Google