PDA

View Full Version : What is a Doyne Apache?

JAX
June 21st 05, 07:53 PM
I've seen some Apaches listed that are 'Doyne conversions' but I can't
find what the conversion involved, except maybe 180hp engines. I know
about Geronimos, but what exactly makes up a Doyne conversion Apache?

Jim Burns
June 21st 05, 08:25 PM
As far as I know, the Doyne conversion included 180hp engines and a gross
weight increase. I think Doyne made a new dorsal fin similar to Geronimo.
I do not know if the props were swapped with no-ad props or not.

Jim

"JAX" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I've seen some Apaches listed that are 'Doyne conversions' but I can't
> find what the conversion involved, except maybe 180hp engines. I know
> about Geronimos, but what exactly makes up a Doyne conversion Apache?

Jim Burns
June 21st 05, 08:45 PM
It looks like some of the Doyn STC's were re-issued to KWAD Company in
Atlanta. Mainly fiberglass assemblys such as fairings, dorsal fins, wheel
pants for several aircraft.
Jim

"JAX" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I've seen some Apaches listed that are 'Doyne conversions' but I can't
> find what the conversion involved, except maybe 180hp engines. I know
> about Geronimos, but what exactly makes up a Doyne conversion Apache?

JAX
June 26th 05, 06:32 PM
By new dorsal fin do you mean a square tail like the Geronimo, or the
fillet from the regular tail forward?

Jim Burns wrote:
> It looks like some of the Doyn STC's were re-issued to KWAD Company in
> Atlanta. Mainly fiberglass assemblys such as fairings, dorsal fins, wheel
> pants for several aircraft.
> Jim
>

> "JAX" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > I've seen some Apaches listed that are 'Doyne conversions' but I can't
> > find what the conversion involved, except maybe 180hp engines. I know
> > about Geronimos, but what exactly makes up a Doyne conversion Apache?

Jim Burns
June 27th 05, 04:22 AM
fillet at the base of the regular tail forward to the roof of the cabin
Jim

"JAX" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> By new dorsal fin do you mean a square tail like the Geronimo, or the
> fillet from the regular tail forward?
>

> Jim Burns wrote:
> > It looks like some of the Doyn STC's were re-issued to KWAD Company in
> > Atlanta. Mainly fiberglass assemblys such as fairings, dorsal fins,
wheel
> > pants for several aircraft.
> > Jim
> >

> > "JAX" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > > I've seen some Apaches listed that are 'Doyne conversions' but I can't
> > > find what the conversion involved, except maybe 180hp engines. I know
> > > about Geronimos, but what exactly makes up a Doyne conversion Apache?

Google