PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Got an Extra Oshkosh Dorm?

Jay Honeck
June 24th 05, 10:57 PM
Friends of ours had a dorm room reserved for the duration of Oshkosh --
and then forgot to mail the deposit balance in that was due by June
15th. Now the folks at UW-Osh won't even put them on the waiting list
for cancellations, as they say that there are already over 700 (!)
people on the list.

Anyone got a dorm room reserved for the whole week, but not planning to
stay the whole week? Our friends are prepared to pay for any nights
you may not use.

If you, or anyone you know, have "extra" rooms, please let me know,
either here or by emailing me at

Thanks!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Dave S
June 24th 05, 11:46 PM
I wonder if there are any specials on camping gear at Walmart or
Academy? (grin)

Dave

Jay Honeck wrote:
> Friends of ours had a dorm room reserved for the duration of Oshkosh --
> and then forgot to mail the deposit balance in that was due by June
> 15th. Now the folks at UW-Osh won't even put them on the waiting list
> for cancellations, as they say that there are already over 700 (!)
> people on the list.
>
> Anyone got a dorm room reserved for the whole week, but not planning to
> stay the whole week? Our friends are prepared to pay for any nights
> you may not use.
>
> If you, or anyone you know, have "extra" rooms, please let me know,
> either here or by emailing me at
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"

George Patterson
June 25th 05, 02:09 AM
Dave S wrote:
> I wonder if there are any specials on camping gear at Walmart or
> Academy? (grin)

Well, I happen to have a full set of camping gear that I will cheerfully loan to
anyone who has a spare seat for me and my gear flying from New Jersey.

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.

Jim Burns
June 25th 05, 05:00 AM
If you don't find anything and want me to check some hotels in my area, as
well as a rental car, just let me know.
Jim Burns

"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Friends of ours had a dorm room reserved for the duration of Oshkosh --
> and then forgot to mail the deposit balance in that was due by June
> 15th. Now the folks at UW-Osh won't even put them on the waiting list
> for cancellations, as they say that there are already over 700 (!)
> people on the list.
>
> Anyone got a dorm room reserved for the whole week, but not planning to
> stay the whole week? Our friends are prepared to pay for any nights
> you may not use.
>
> If you, or anyone you know, have "extra" rooms, please let me know,
> either here or by emailing me at
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"

Jay Honeck
June 25th 05, 07:17 PM
> If you don't find anything and want me to check some hotels in my area, as
> well as a rental car, just let me know.
> Jim Burns

Thanks, Jim.

I've forwarded your kind offer to them, and await their reply. I'll
let you know!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Flyingmonk
June 26th 05, 01:29 AM
Hey George! Why do I always yell when I'm 'see' you? I had a very
good friend once named George, and every time I saw him, I yelled "HEY
GEORGE, LOOK IT'S GEORGE! HEY GEORGE!"

Anyways, hoe come you're not flying there yourself? Just wondering...

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

George Patterson
June 26th 05, 02:45 AM
Flyingmonk wrote:

> Anyways, hoe come you're not flying there yourself? Just wondering...

Well, Bryan, it's pretty simple. Got laid off in November 2002. I've been doing
odd jobs the last year or so, but it doesn't quite pay the bills. I haven't been
buying plots of property, but this should sound familiar to you. For this and a
few other reasons, I sold the plane early this year. I'm now living on the
proceeds. Didn't even bother to renew my medical last month.

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.

Big John
June 26th 05, 02:45 AM
Dave

There are on e-bay.

Big John
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 22:46:36 GMT, Dave S >
wrote:

>I wonder if there are any specials on camping gear at Walmart or
>Academy? (grin)
>
>Dave
>
>Jay Honeck wrote:
>> Friends of ours had a dorm room reserved for the duration of Oshkosh --
>> and then forgot to mail the deposit balance in that was due by June
>> 15th. Now the folks at UW-Osh won't even put them on the waiting list
>> for cancellations, as they say that there are already over 700 (!)
>> people on the list.
>>
>> Anyone got a dorm room reserved for the whole week, but not planning to
>> stay the whole week? Our friends are prepared to pay for any nights
>> you may not use.
>>
>> If you, or anyone you know, have "extra" rooms, please let me know,
>> either here or by emailing me at
>>
>> Thanks!
>> --
>> Jay Honeck
>> Iowa City, IA
>> Pathfinder N56993
>> www.AlexisParkInn.com
>> "Your Aviation Destination"

Flyingmonk
June 26th 05, 10:37 AM
Welcome to the club George. Any good leads on how to survive without
going back to work, please me know.

Martin Hotze
June 26th 05, 03:33 PM
On 26 Jun 2005 02:37:08 -0700, Flyingmonk wrote:

>Welcome to the club George. Any good leads on how to survive without
>going back to work, please me know.

I mail you 10 addresses .... send each of them 1 buck ... delete the first
address and put your own address at the end of the list .... resend the
list to 10 of your buddies ... :-))

scnr,

#m

--
http://www.hotze.priv.at/album/aviation/caution.jpg

Flyingmonk
June 26th 05, 03:54 PM
I'm not gonna fall for THAT one again, LOL.

Montblack
June 26th 05, 08:04 PM
("Flyingmonk" wrote)
> Welcome to the club George. Any good leads on how to survive without
> going back to work, please me know.

Sports Book is good. Just win more than you lose.

Stay away from the ponies!

Montblack
I'll have it by Friday. Ok, Thursday!

Jose
June 26th 05, 08:52 PM
> Any good leads on how to survive without
> going back to work, please me know.

I tried to make money in the stock market, now I make money in the
basement. :)

(now where have I seen that before?)
--
You may not get what you pay for, but you sure as hell pay for what you get.

Google