PDA

View Full Version : Jolly Rogers History Webpage updated!

José Herculano
June 25th 05, 10:27 AM
The Jolly Rogers History Webpage has been updated. Star of the update are
the new photos by Gerry Clarke of the new F/A-18F AG tail codes, indicating
an upcoming cruise aboard the Eisenhower with CVW-7. A good number of other
Super Bug and Tomcat pictures have been added to the VF/VFA-103 chapters.

Also there is a modest start to a curious details and walkarounds chapter.

And very soon we'll have a web based Forum.

And finally a bit pf gossip: the Jolly Rogers History Association has been
created!

Drop by and have a look at the updates:

http://www.almansur.com/jollyrogers

José "Almansur" Herculano

June 26th 05, 10:33 PM
The site looks great, Hoser. Thanks for giving a **** about the old
guys.

yf Gordon

Voxpopuli
June 27th 05, 04:02 PM
"José Herculano" <wrote in message
> The Jolly Rogers History Webpage has been updated. > And finally a bit pf
> gossip: the Jolly Rogers History Association has been created!
> José "Almansur" Herculano

I remember the 90th Bomb Group in Port Moresby, Nadzab and Biak, circa 1943.

Did the Navy steal their SKULL AND CROSSBONES INSIGNIA AND "JOLLY ROGERS"
NAME?

THE 90TH WAS FORMED IN JAN. 1942!

Mike Kanze
June 27th 05, 06:25 PM
....And from which pirate band did the 90th steal the Jolly Roger?

Non-issue, as far as I am concerned.

--
Mike Kanze

"Correspondents of the press were ever on hand to hear every word dropped,
and were not always disposed to report correctly what did not confirm their
preconceived notions, either about the conduct of the war or the individuals
concerned in it."

- U. S. Grant, Personal Memoirs

"Voxpopuli" > wrote in message

> "José Herculano" <wrote in message
>> The Jolly Rogers History Webpage has been updated. > And finally a bit pf
>> gossip: the Jolly Rogers History Association has been created!
>> José "Almansur" Herculano
>>
> I remember the 90th Bomb Group in Port Moresby, Nadzab and Biak, circa
> 1943.
>
> Did the Navy steal their SKULL AND CROSSBONES INSIGNIA AND "JOLLY ROGERS"
> NAME?
>
> THE 90TH WAS FORMED IN JAN. 1942!

Voxpopuli
June 27th 05, 07:52 PM
"Mike Kanze" wrote in message > ...And from which pirate band did the 90th
steal the Jolly Roger?

The Navy could have been a little more innovative IMHO!

Google