PDA

View Full Version : Beacon code question

Bruce Riggs
June 28th 05, 04:11 AM
Took of from Point Lookout, MO (PLK) this afternoon, VFR to Dallas
Addison (ADS). Requested VFR advirsories from Razorback Approach, and
they gave me a squak code of 1070. Razorback said they could not receive
my transponder, could only track my primary target. Once I was
switched to Fort Worth center, they read my mode C just fine, and said
Razorback had an ARTS problem, and could not track beacon codes with a
third digit of 7. No further problems into Dallas.

Question: assuming Razorback knew this (which FWC said they did), why
did they give me this code that they knew they could not track?

Thanks,
Bruce Riggs

Dave Butler
June 28th 05, 03:15 PM
Bruce Riggs wrote:
> Took of from Point Lookout, MO (PLK) this afternoon, VFR to Dallas
> Addison (ADS). Requested VFR advirsories from Razorback Approach, and
> they gave me a squak code of 1070. Razorback said they could not receive
> my transponder, could only track my primary target. Once I was
> switched to Fort Worth center, they read my mode C just fine, and said
> Razorback had an ARTS problem, and could not track beacon codes with a
> third digit of 7. No further problems into Dallas.
>
> Question: assuming Razorback knew this (which FWC said they did), why
> did they give me this code that they knew they could not track?

I give up. Incompetence?

JM
June 28th 05, 11:31 PM
Bruce Riggs > wrote:

>Question: assuming Razorback knew this (which FWC said they did), why
>did they give me this code that they knew they could not track?

Because the controller was a trainee and his supervisor was five miles
away trying to run a whistle-blower off the road.

Aluckyguess
June 29th 05, 02:47 AM
Not enough fingers.

Unbelievable

"JM" <jm@anywherenet> wrote in message
> Bruce Riggs > wrote:
>
>>Question: assuming Razorback knew this (which FWC said they did), why
>>did they give me this code that they knew they could not track?
>
> Because the controller was a trainee and his supervisor was five miles
> away trying to run a whistle-blower off the road.

Google