PDA

View Full Version : And now, for something completely different...

Jay Honeck
July 1st 05, 06:17 PM
This is the first truly new thing I've seen in airshow flying since a
jet engine was added to a Waco biplane:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/SkipStewartSlowjump2.wmv

All I can say is: Wow!

I can't wait to see Skip do this "live"!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

john smith
July 1st 05, 07:18 PM
Jay Honeck wrote:
> This is the first truly new thing I've seen in airshow flying since a
> jet engine was added to a Waco biplane:
> http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/SkipStewartSlowjump2.wmv
> All I can say is: Wow!
> I can't wait to see Skip do this "live"!

Scares me, and I ain't afraid of nothin'!

ShawnD2112
July 3rd 05, 04:31 PM
Skip's a trip! Met him at Ozark last year and got to know him a bit. He's
doing it all on his own, so to speak. He has sponsorship, but not enough to
cover all the costs, and he's found them all on his own. He's got no admin
team or professional support behind him - answers all his own e-mails to his
website. I really admire his determination. And he's one hell of a pilot.
I asked him before he did his display if he ever gets pre-show jitters. His
reponse was very telling about his professionalism: "Nope," he said.
"That's why they call it a "routine"." He'll be one to watch in the next
few years. I've no doubt he's destined to be at the top of the game.

Shawn

"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> This is the first truly new thing I've seen in airshow flying since a
> jet engine was added to a Waco biplane:
>
> http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/SkipStewartSlowjump2.wmv
>
> All I can say is: Wow!
>
> I can't wait to see Skip do this "live"!
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"

Jay Honeck
July 3rd 05, 07:54 PM
> "That's why they call it a "routine"." He'll be one to watch in the next
> few years. I've no doubt he's destined to be at the top of the game.

Agreed. I've known Stewart casually for several years now, and am always
impressed by two things:

1. The gorgeous chicks he's always with... :-)
2. The innovation and determination he's shown in trying to break into a
*very* exclusive club.

If he doesn't kill himself trying to do stuff that no one else has every
tried before, I think he's the next Sean Tucker.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Google