PDA

View Full Version : Mackinac Island

Jon Kraus
July 13th 05, 11:12 PM
The wife and I are contemplating a trip up to Mackinac Island, Michigan
the last weekend in August. Have any of you been there (flown or
otherwise)? If so any recommendations for lodging , eats, etc...

I looks like it will be a really neat flight up there and it is kinda
like stepping back in time.

I lived in Michigan for 18 years and never made it out of the Lower
Peninsula. Thanks!!

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
'79 Mooney 201
4443H @ TYQ

Steven P. McNicoll
July 13th 05, 11:38 PM
"Jon Kraus" > wrote in message
. ..

> The wife and I are contemplating a trip up to Mackinac Island, Michigan
> the last weekend in August. Have any of you been there (flown or
> otherwise)? If so any recommendations for lodging , eats, etc...

It's far cheaper to stay and dine in St. Ignace or Mackinaw City and take
the ferry to Mackinac Island.

> I looks like it will be a really neat flight up there and it is kinda like
> stepping back in time.

Rent "Somewhere in Time", it's a chick flick but it was filmed on the
island.

> I lived in Michigan for 18 years and never made it out of the Lower
> Peninsula. Thanks!!

Troll.

Mike Spera
July 14th 05, 12:10 AM
Jon,

Made the trip a couple of years ago from 06C (Schaumburg, IL - just West
of O'Hare). About 3:50 up the West side of the lake. The noise abatement
procedure is a bit confusing. They say to "avoid the shoreline". So, do
you fly inside the shoreline or outside? I guessed wrong and tried to
fly inside. Nobody said a word.

I recommend you get fuel on the way in across the channel so you don't
have to stop on the way out. There is no fuel on the island. The airport
is quite a distance (by carriage) from most of the island's attractions.
If you are not willing to spend the money, others suggest staying across
the channel on the "mainland". I preferred to stay on the island.
Everything is expensive. I did not care. I would HIGHLY recommend the
Hotel Iroquois. The service is excellent. Their own restaurant is
perhaps the best on the island for food quality and service (yes, even
better than the Grand Hotel). But you MUST do dinner at the Grand at
least once (figure $200 with drinks). Bring formal clothes for that one.
Staying at the Grand is reported as O.K. - but more expensive than just
about anywhere else.

Now, the horse drawn carriages. Many think they are quaint. Others think
they are somewhat romantic. I found them to be a bit of a pain. To call
one (a "taxi") takes anywhere from 1 minute to 20 minutes depending on
how busy they are. It then takes an additional 20 minutes to get
anywhere. If the weather is the least bit cold, you freeze. Hot, you
roast. I was a pretty avid camper and like living outdoors. But I could
not get into the horse thing. Opinions vary. And, you better like the
smell of horse dung. They have people constantly picking it up, but it
is still everywhere. Again, some don't mind. Others do.

We went on the end of the season (late September) and got lucky with one
day of good weather at 70. The other days were cooler and it rained for
a day. The last day was clear and cool. During the season, the island is
NUTS! There are WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE CRAMMED INTO TOO SMALL A SPACE.
Every day a throng of transient day trippers (called "fudgies") descends
on the island from high speed jet boats and clogs things up quite well.
I believe you are going "during the season", so it may be cramped.

I thought the trip was well worth the expense. It was a neat adventure.
I probably have had my fill for some years though.

Good Luck,
Mike
Jon Kraus wrote:
> The wife and I are contemplating a trip up to Mackinac Island, Michigan
> the last weekend in August. Have any of you been there (flown or
> otherwise)? If so any recommendations for lodging , eats, etc...
>
> I looks like it will be a really neat flight up there and it is kinda
> like stepping back in time.
>
> I lived in Michigan for 18 years and never made it out of the Lower
> Peninsula. Thanks!!
>
> Jon Kraus
> PP-ASEL-IA
> '79 Mooney 201
> 4443H @ TYQ

Capt. Geoffry Thorpe
July 14th 05, 12:36 AM
Make sure you do not miss the planked whitefish at the Village Inn....

--
Geoff
the sea hawk at wow way d0t com

Spell checking is left as an excercise for the reader.
"Jon Kraus" > wrote in message
. ..
> The wife and I are contemplating a trip up to Mackinac Island, Michigan
> the last weekend in August. Have any of you been there (flown or
> otherwise)? If so any recommendations for lodging , eats, etc...
>
> I looks like it will be a really neat flight up there and it is kinda like
> stepping back in time.
>
> I lived in Michigan for 18 years and never made it out of the Lower
> Peninsula. Thanks!!
>
> Jon Kraus
> PP-ASEL-IA
> '79 Mooney 201
> 4443H @ TYQ

Nathan Young
July 14th 05, 01:38 AM
On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:12:14 GMT, Jon Kraus >
wrote:

>The wife and I are contemplating a trip up to Mackinac Island, Michigan
>the last weekend in August. Have any of you been there (flown or
>otherwise)? If so any recommendations for lodging , eats, etc...
>
>I looks like it will be a really neat flight up there and it is kinda
>like stepping back in time.
>
>I lived in Michigan for 18 years and never made it out of the Lower
>Peninsula. Thanks!!

We did a trip there a few years ago. There are no cars on Mackinac
Island, so plan on walking or bring a bicycle. We put our bikes in
the back of the Cherokee (it can be done if you remove the rear seats
and dismantle the bikes). The lap around the island was a nice ride
and scenic.

If you are staying overnight the Grand Hotel is supposed to be the
place.

I believe there is a small landing fee for MCD.

Jim Burns
July 14th 05, 01:55 AM
We fly there every summer from central Wisconsin. If not for an overnighter
at least for a day trip. We haven't been there yet this summer, but are
planning on going sometime in August.

Just one weather warning about KMCD, watch for fog, it will often be covered
with fog when the surrounding UP and LP airports are clear. KMCD has a
VOR/DME or GPS-A as well as a GPS RWY 26 approach.

Airport is in a MI State Park and I believe the landing fee is $10, get
there early to tie down on the asphalt, otherwise there are plenty of grass
tiedowns. No fuel available on the island.

Walk into town, it's a nice walk in the shade after a warm flight. Horse
drawn taxi's will pick you up at the airport also. After you pass the Grand
Hotel and make your way down the hill, the French Outpost will be on your
right, it is a great stop for lunch. Dine either indoors or outdoors, they
usually have a band playing on the outdoor patio.

http://www.chippewahotel.com/ is a great place to stay as well as eat, it
will be on your right hand side as you walk east down main street towards
the harbor, you can't miss it, it's pink. Or, if you really want to go all
out stay at http://www.grandhotel.com/

At the Chippewa you can dine on the deck that looks south towards the
mainland and watch the ferries and the ore ships pass under the bridge.

Rent bikes to tour the island at your own pace. Take a ride around the east
side of the island on Michigan's narrowest State Highway.

Plenty of golf available, check the websites for details.

Visit the Fort for a historic look back at the Island. As well as some
historic re-enactments.

We try to go up at the end of June for the Lilac Festival, Mackinac Island
has more of varieties of Lilacs located in one place than any other place in
the world. It also has some of the world's largest.

It's really more fun if you can spend the night and really relax, if not,
it's definitely worth a day trip.

Jim

Orval Fairbairn
July 14th 05, 02:32 AM
In article >,
"Capt. Geoffry Thorpe" <The Sea Hawk at wow way d0t com> wrote:

> Make sure you do not miss the planked whitefish at the Village Inn....

Is that anything like planked carp?

That is where you:

1. catch a carp

2. nail it to a 12" plank cut to the length of the carp

3. surround it with Brussels sprouts

4. cover it with fresh river mud

5. You bury it under a charcoal fire in the sand for 3 hours.

6. Remove the mud-covered carp and Brussels sprouts from the sand.

7. Chip away the mud

8. Throw away the carp and Brussels sprouts and eat the plank.

Montblack
July 14th 05, 02:36 AM
"Steven P. McNicoll"
[snip]
> Troll.

Jon Kraus - Troll?

Somewhere in Time (1980)
I remember not liking this Christopher Reeve movie for reasons other than it
being a chick flick - don't recall exactly what was lame about it though.
Hmm, I think it was impossible to follow - by the time you figured out who
was who, you no longer cared.

Montblack

Steven P. McNicoll
July 14th 05, 02:55 AM
"Montblack" > wrote in message

> Jon Kraus - Troll?

Absolutely, and by his own admission. He said he lived under the bridge for
eighteen years.

George Patterson
July 14th 05, 03:18 AM
Montblack wrote:

> Jon Kraus - Troll?

You don't understand. People who live in lower Michigan are called "trolls" by
other area natives because they live "under the bridge."

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.

Montblack
July 14th 05, 03:26 AM
("Steven P. McNicoll" wrote)
> Absolutely, and by his own admission. He said he lived under the bridge
> for eighteen years.

Doh! :-)

Montblack
“Building the Mighty Mac” is a 50 minute documentary that's been playing on
TV recently.

Jon Kraus
July 14th 05, 04:00 AM
I have never heard of LP folks being called Troll's... Funny!!

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201
443H @ TYQ

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
> "Montblack" > wrote in message
>
>>Jon Kraus - Troll?
>>

> Absolutely, and by his own admission. He said he lived under the bridge for
> eighteen years.

Frank Stutzman
July 14th 05, 04:00 AM
Ok, so I've never flown in to Macinac. I do have a fair personal
relationship with the place, though.

10 years ago this September I asked my wife to marry me on the front
garden of the Grand Hotel. September 5th was her 30th birthday and I had
to sort of stall the momentous occasion until after midnight so I could
propose on her birthday.

We did stay one night at the Grand Hotel. That was the most I ever paid
for a hotel room of rather so-so quality. It was probably their most
inexpensive room, but if I remember correctly it was something like $300.
Another $200 for dinner. It was a great dinner if you are into the formal
dining kind of experience.

We did rent a tandem bicycle while we were there and went around the
island. Not as quaint as the horse thing, but we aren't horse people (my
wife is actually allergic). I'd think this would be the best way to get
around unless you were hauling luggage.

And, yes, I've seen "Somewhere in Time" way too many times. At least
yearly, unless I fall asleep in the middle of it. Not really a movie that
I can work up much excitement about. However my wife (as 12 year old)
has a tiny walk on part in it, as does my step father-inlaw. My
mother-inlaw did a considerable amount of the costuming for it.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Jon Kraus
July 14th 05, 04:02 AM
I quite sure some folks here don't like my opinions, but I have never
been called a Troll before!! :-)

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201
4443H @ TYQ

Montblack wrote:

> "Steven P. McNicoll"
> [snip]
>
>> Troll.
>

> Jon Kraus - Troll?
>
> Somewhere in Time (1980)
> I remember not liking this Christopher Reeve movie for reasons other
> than it being a chick flick - don't recall exactly what was lame about
> it though. Hmm, I think it was impossible to follow - by the time you
> figured out who was who, you no longer cared.
>

> Montblack

Steven P. McNicoll
July 14th 05, 04:21 AM
"Montblack" > wrote in message

> “Building the Mighty Mac” is a 50 minute documentary that's been playing
> on TV recently.

There's a neat little Mackinac bridge museum in the upper level of a pizza
parlor in Mackinaw City. It plays a film on the building of the bridge as
well, perhaps the very same one.

Howard
July 14th 05, 04:49 AM
If you want to take a horse drawn carriage from the airport, call the
airport (122.7) from about 10 minutes out and they'll call for one for you.
Otherwise you may wait a while.

Howard Neff
Cherokee Six N1BQ

"Jon Kraus" > wrote in message
. ..
> The wife and I are contemplating a trip up to Mackinac Island, Michigan
> the last weekend in August. Have any of you been there (flown or
> otherwise)? If so any recommendations for lodging , eats, etc...
>
> I looks like it will be a really neat flight up there and it is kinda like
> stepping back in time.
>
> I lived in Michigan for 18 years and never made it out of the Lower
> Peninsula. Thanks!!
>
> Jon Kraus
> PP-ASEL-IA
> '79 Mooney 201
> 4443H @ TYQ

Dave Stadt
July 14th 05, 05:03 AM
"George Patterson" > wrote in message
> Montblack wrote:
> >
> > Jon Kraus - Troll?
>
> You don't understand. People who live in lower Michigan are called
"trolls" by
> other area natives because they live "under the bridge."

The UPers no doubt being the other area natives .

> George Patterson
> Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
> and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
> Because she smells like a new truck.

Steven P. McNicoll
July 14th 05, 05:06 AM
"Dave Stadt" > wrote in message
. ..

> The UPers no doubt being the other area natives .

AKA those that live above the bridge.

Jay Beckman
July 14th 05, 05:20 AM
"Frank Stutzman" > wrote in message
> Ok, so I've never flown in to Macinac. I do have a fair personal
> relationship with the place, though.
>
> 10 years ago this September I asked my wife to marry me on the front
> garden of the Grand Hotel. September 5th was her 30th birthday and I had
> to sort of stall the momentous occasion until after midnight so I could
> propose on her birthday.

Under the catagory of "Small World..."

I also happened to propose to my wife, 10 years ago, on Mackinac
Island...but our moment was on the ferry returning to Mackinac City after a
thundershower which gave us the most vivid end to end rainbow either of us
had ever seen.

Congrats on your decade...

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

Charles Talleyrand
July 14th 05, 07:27 AM
I fly to Mackinac Island all the time.

The landing fee is $10.

You land at the top of the island; it's a nice 1/2 hour downhill walk
to the town. You will walk through forest and see horses (and horse
poo) and bicycles. It's not hot (the forest keeps things things cool).

The town is fun, small, pretty, and has a great marina. Read the
island website to learn more. I recomend the horse drawn carriage
tour. The tour guides give a nice talk and the tour shows almost
everything except the inside of the fort.

The walk back to the airport is 1/2 hour uphill, or the horse-drawn
taxi is cheap. I always walk.

Fuel can be had at St. Ignace (right across the channel, cheap, nice).

The bridge is close and amazing.

All in all, a nice flight. And you will often see some amazing planes
parked on the island.

Roger
July 14th 05, 08:05 AM
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 04:03:03 GMT, "Dave Stadt" >
wrote:

>"George Patterson" > wrote in message
>> Montblack wrote:
>> >
>> > Jon Kraus - Troll?
>>
>> You don't understand. People who live in lower Michigan are called
>"trolls" by
>> other area natives because they live "under the bridge."
>
>The UPers no doubt being the other area natives .

Actually I think it has transformed into Yupers, but same thing.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

>> George Patterson
>> Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
>> and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
>> Because she smells like a new truck.

Jim Burns
July 14th 05, 03:14 PM

> All in all, a nice flight. And you will often see some amazing planes
> parked on the island.

Last time we were there we saw a turbine Maule on amphib floats sitting next
to a beautiful Cessna 195 next to a King Air, an MU2, and 2 Robinson R22
helicopters.
Pretty cool line up for a little bitty airport.
Jim

John T
July 14th 05, 03:45 PM
Yoopers!

FlyWithTwo
July 14th 05, 04:00 PM
OK, I have a couple of Mackinac Island flying stories too.

My bride and I spent our honeymoon there six years ago. We flew there
from Lawrence, Kansas in a Mooney, so I guess you could call it our
HoneyMooney. We were working around the west side of a large
thunderstorm front that stretched between KC and Chicago, and spent our
first night in Prairie du Chein, WI, then flew through WI and the UP to
St. Ignace. We stopped there for fuel and were told that tiedowns were
no charge with a fuel purchase. Since we had that taken care of, we
decided to ride the ferry to Mackinac Island. We stayed at one of the
smaller B&B style hotels, but I don't recall the name (don't tell my
bride).

Since we were in a Mooney, I told my bride that we each only had room
for a gym bag. That was a bit of an exaggeration, since she has a
tendency to pack up to the aircraft's gross limit. We found out in
mid-June that the temperatures at night get down to the 30's. She was
wearing pretty much everything in the suitcase, and we purchased a
couple of coats to wear over that.

Also, a good friend of mine used to fly for Wright Airlines out of
Cleveland years ago. He flew a lot of equipent, including Ford
Trimotors and DC-3's. He also flew charters and one of the popular
destinations was Mackinac Island. He used to fly a VIP up there on a
regular basis. The VIPs stayed at the Grand Hotel, and the pilots
stayed at the most economical hotel available. The guy he used to fly
there now owns the Yankees.

Take the trip, you'll really enjoy it.

Capt. Geoffry Thorpe
July 14th 05, 09:59 PM
"Orval Fairbairn" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Capt. Geoffry Thorpe" <The Sea Hawk at wow way d0t com> wrote:
>
>> Make sure you do not miss the planked whitefish at the Village Inn....
>>

> Is that anything like planked carp?

No. But thanks for asking.

--
Geoff
the sea hawk at wow way d0t com
Spell checking is left as an excercise for the reader.

Jay Honeck
July 15th 05, 01:22 AM
> tendency to pack up to the aircraft's gross limit. We found out in
> mid-June that the temperatures at night get down to the 30's. She was
> wearing pretty much everything in the suitcase, and we purchased a
> couple of coats to wear over that.

While that's the norm, we just returned from the Island (like, yesterday),
and it was NINETY-FOUR DEGREES!

We've been there four or five times, and have ALWAYS worn a sweatshirt, even
in July. Many of the island businesses don't have air conditioning, so you
can imagine how happy *they* were about the heat wave...

;-)

But it was a great flight (IOW to Lansing, MI, to St. Ignace, to Mackinac
Island, to Ephraim, WI {Door County} to IOW) that took just 7.5 hours flight
time and covered some of the most scenic territory on earth. It was a
great way to celebrate our 20-year anniversary!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Jay Honeck
July 15th 05, 01:31 AM
> It's far cheaper to stay and dine in St. Ignace or Mackinaw City and take
> the ferry to Mackinac Island.

Yep. Two nights ago we stayed at the new Best Western in St. Ignace. It's
clean, nice, and (relatively) cheap. We also truly enjoy the food and
atmosphere in St. Ignace. Go to the Village Inn (no, it's not part of the
chain) for dessert, and try the "Great Lakes Sampler" at the Driftwood.
Lake perch, lake trout, and whitefish -- yum!

I don't think I'd bother with the ferry, though, unless you're into boats.
It's a mere nine minute flight, chock to chock, from St. Ignace to Mackinac
Island! (Well, unless you circle the incredible Mackinac Bridge -- the
longest suspension bridge in the Western Hemisphere. It's an amazing
sight, every bit as beautiful as the more well-known Golden Gate Bridge.)

Paul, the guy who owns and operates the St. Ignace FBO, is simply amazing.
He let us use his courtesy vehicle both days we were there, and his shop
dressed a nasty little stone chip we picked up somewhere in Michigan -- for
free!

Quite a refreshing change after dealing with the crooks down in Lansing,
MI -- AvFlight, I think they're calling themselves this year -- who charged
us $4.01 a gallon, and couldn't be bothered with selling sectional charts
anymore...

:-(
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Jon Kraus
July 15th 05, 01:47 AM
< snip >

> Quite a refreshing change after dealing with the crooks down in Lansing,
> MI -- AvFlight, I think they're calling themselves this year -- who charged
> us $4.01 a gallon, and couldn't be bothered with selling sectional charts
> anymore...
>
> :-(

I agree!! These are the folks who wanted to charge me $750.00 for
deicing a 172 a couple of years ago!! Crooks is using the nice word but
then again I've never heard you say anything bad about anyone... :-)

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201
4443H @ TYQ

Steven P. McNicoll
July 15th 05, 03:02 AM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message

> I don't think I'd bother with the ferry, though, unless you're into boats.
> It's a mere nine minute flight, chock to chock, from St. Ignace to
> Mackinac Island!

I have a wife, four kids, and a '46 Champ. I take the ferry.

Blueskies
July 15th 05, 03:20 AM
"Steven P. McNicoll" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> "Montblack" > wrote in message ...
>>
>> "Building the Mighty Mac" is a 50 minute documentary that's been playing on TV recently.
>
> There's a neat little Mackinac bridge museum in the upper level of a pizza parlor in Mackinaw City. It plays a film
> on the building of the bridge as well, perhaps the very same one.

And great pizza there also!

Jim Burns
July 15th 05, 03:40 AM

> Paul, the guy who owns and operates the St. Ignace FBO, is simply amazing.

Absolutely! 2 years ago when we were there, the wives were out shopping
while another pilot and I preflighted our planes. We knew we'd need fuel
and it was getting late, so he flew ahead to St. Ignace to "hold them open"
until I got there with all the girls. The guy was great about it AND the
fuel was cheaper than at home! Can't beat his hospitality and fuel prices!!

Jim

Morgans
July 15th 05, 05:43 AM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote

> Quite a refreshing change after dealing with the crooks down in Lansing,
> MI --

Ahh, I can almost smell Lansing from here. Lansing, and U of M; they
deserve each other. ;-)
--
Jim (solid Buckeye alum) in NC

Darrel Toepfer
July 15th 05, 04:10 PM
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
> "Jay Honeck" > wrote...
>
>>I don't think I'd bother with the ferry, though, unless you're into boats.
>>It's a mere nine minute flight, chock to chock, from St. Ignace to
>>Mackinac Island!
>
> I have a wife, four kids, and a '46 Champ. I take the ferry.

"ferry" flights... Great way to build time...

RomeoMike
July 15th 05, 06:38 PM
Morgans wrote:

> Ahh, I can almost smell Lansing from here. Lansing, and U of M; they
> deserve each other. ;-)

Michigan State is in Lansing. U of M is in Ann Arbor. Go Blue!

RomeoMike
July 15th 05, 06:54 PM
Jon Kraus wrote:
> The wife and I are contemplating a trip up to Mackinac Island, Michigan
> the last weekend in August. Have any of you been there (flown or
> otherwise)? If so any recommendations for lodging , eats, etc...
>
> I looks like it will be a really neat flight up there and it is kinda
> like stepping back in time.
>
> I lived in Michigan for 18 years and never made it out of the Lower
> Peninsula. Thanks!!
>
> Jon Kraus
> PP-ASEL-IA
> '79 Mooney 201
> 4443H @ TYQ

I've flown in there a half dozen times or more but not in at least 10
yrs. I've spent the night various times, including the Grand Hotel. I
enjoyed the B&Bs the most (there must be a web site for these). My
memory is that in July and Aug the island is very busy and reservations
would make sense. After Labor Day it was relatively quiet. If you have a
half decent set of legs, you can walk nearly everywhere, or rent a
horse, though they are true stable beasts if you know what I mean.
Interesting place, including the history, but I have to admit that,
after the first two trips, I only went there because it was a fun
flight. I got fed up with the touristy part after awhile, but the
fudge is good.

Jay Honeck
July 16th 05, 03:53 AM
> I have a wife, four kids, and a '46 Champ. I take the ferry.

Holy cats, Steven -- you need a Cherokee Six!

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Jay Honeck
July 16th 05, 03:57 AM
> Interesting place, including the history, but I have to admit that, after
> the first two trips, I only went there because it was a fun flight. I
> got fed up with the touristy part after awhile, but the fudge is good.

There is a fudge shop every 200 yards or so, the entire length of the town.
How in the WORLD they can all survive, making that much fudge, in some of
the most expensive real estate in the Midwest, only being open six months a
year, is a complete mystery to me.

The flight really IS the attraction for me, too, I must admit -- but eating
lunch at the Grand Hotel is really an experience worth having. There just
aren't very many places like it left in the world...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

RomeoMike
July 16th 05, 04:52 AM
Jay Honeck wrote:

> How in the WORLD they can all survive, making that much fudge, in some of
> the most expensive real estate in the Midwest, only being open six months a
> year, is a complete mystery to me.

Yes, but it attests to the HUGE number of tourists that pass through
there during the summer, some staying awhile but many, many coming over
for the day on the boats. It's the very reason that the place becomes
unappealing after awhile IMHO. But I agree that it's one of a kind.

Doug
July 16th 05, 04:55 AM
Can I land my Seaplane in the harbor?

"Nobody goes to Mackinac Island anymore, it's too crowded!"

Google