PDA

View Full Version : Avionics Swap Group

Jim Weir
July 6th 03, 05:54 PM
I just established the Yahoo Group:

for the private, noncommercial trading of general aviation electronic devices
("avionics") between individuals for use in their own aircraft.

"Trading" goes to swapping for other avionics OR trading for paper pictures of
old dead men.

I posted one "for trade" on this group as an example of how I'd like to see the
board used.

Please enjoy...this message will be sent to rec.aviation.homebuilt and
rec.aviation.owning about once a month unless somebody thinks that is spamming
the ng to do so.

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com

Ron Wanttaja
July 6th 03, 10:36 PM
On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 13:33:37 -0500, Justin Case >
wrote:

>Good for you, nice service. Now I hope the aviation scum bags will
>not try to dirty the site up.

It's fairly easy to keep a mailing list reasonable. I run the Fly Baby
list on Yahoo, and, with our ~190-person list, just a polite caution has
been enough to forestall problems. The list is set up so that any new
member's posts must be approved by the moderator, first...this caught two
attempted spammings just in the past week. Once I see a newcomer is
actually interested in talking about Fly Babies, I switch 'em off
moderation.

Ron Wanttaja

Rob Turk
July 7th 03, 07:58 AM
"Jim Weir" > wrote in message
> I just established the Yahoo Group:
>

> for the private, noncommercial trading of general aviation electronic
devices
> ("avionics") between individuals for use in their own aircraft.
>
> "Trading" goes to swapping for other avionics OR trading for paper
pictures of
> old dead men.
>
> I posted one "for trade" on this group as an example of how I'd like to
see the
> board used.
>
> Please enjoy...this message will be sent to rec.aviation.homebuilt and
> rec.aviation.owning about once a month unless somebody thinks that is
spamming
> the ng to do so.
>
> Jim

Great initiative, Jim. Will you set yourself up as moderator to 'grant'
people access to the list? If you leave it free and open it will take a very
short time before the list gets swamped with 'will trade for pictures of old
dead men' offers for blue pills and male enhancements...

Rob

Jim Weir
July 7th 03, 02:27 PM
I'm going to let it run wide open for a while and purge offensive posts. And
I'll let the Yahoocops do their job on the problem children.

Jim

"Rob Turk" >

->
->Great initiative, Jim. Will you set yourself up as moderator to 'grant'
->people access to the list? If you leave it free and open it will take a very
->short time before the list gets swamped with 'will trade for pictures of old
->dead men' offers for blue pills and male enhancements...
->
->Rob
->

http://www.rst-engr.com