PDA

View Full Version : WSI weather service

Jim Burns
July 20th 05, 03:12 PM
Does anybody know of a free access for pilots to WSI's weather services? I
seem to remember something about WSI being available to pilots that have a
DUATS account and availability through certain states
transportation/aviation departments. I like WSI more than the meteorlogic
services that are freely available to pilots via the web.

Thanks for any insights.
Jim

Matt Barrow
July 20th 05, 03:29 PM
"Jim Burns" > wrote in message
> Does anybody know of a free access for pilots to WSI's weather services?
> seem to remember something about WSI being available to pilots that have a
> DUATS account and availability through certain states
> transportation/aviation departments. I like WSI more than the meteorlogic
> services that are freely available to pilots via the web.

Some FBO's provide a WSI weather briefing station.

Look for the WSI logo in the FBO sections on AirNav.

Jim Burns
July 20th 05, 03:52 PM
Duh on me.... I should have stated "access to WSI weather services via
internet". I like the WSI services at FBO's and wondered if they provide
a free at home service like Meteorlogic does.
Jim

Matt Barrow
July 20th 05, 04:05 PM
"Jim Burns" > wrote in message
> Duh on me.... I should have stated "access to WSI weather services via
> internet". I like the WSI services at FBO's and wondered if they
provide
> a free at home service like Meteorlogic does.

Try browsing their web site.

Dave Butler
July 21st 05, 03:16 PM
Jim Burns wrote:
> Does anybody know of a free access for pilots to WSI's weather services? I
> seem to remember something about WSI being available to pilots that have a
> DUATS account and availability through certain states
> transportation/aviation departments. I like WSI more than the meteorlogic
> services that are freely available to pilots via the web.
>
> Thanks for any insights.

WSI wx is available in-cockpit for free to ADS-B users.

Google