PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniversary Apollo

Jim
July 21st 05, 03:09 PM
http://moon.google.com/

For something really interesting, keep pressing the "+" button to zoom.

;)

--
Jim Fisher

Darrel Toepfer
July 21st 05, 03:14 PM
Jim wrote:
> http://moon.google.com
>
> For something really interesting, keep pressing the "+" button to zoom.

"Its full of stars"

Jim
July 21st 05, 03:33 PM
"Darrel Toepfer" > wrote in message
.. .
> Jim wrote:
>> http://moon.google.com
>>
>> For something really interesting, keep pressing the "+" button to zoom.
>
> "Its full of stars"

Naw, that was from Jupiter mission back in 2001. This is celebrating the
moon missions from the 60's-70's.

Glad I could clear that up for you. ;)

--
Jim Fisher

Darrel Toepfer
July 21st 05, 03:50 PM
Jim wrote:
> Darrel Toepfer wrote...
>>Jim wrote:
>>
>>>http://moon.google.com
>>>
>>>For something really interesting, keep pressing the "+" button to zoom.
>>
>>"Its full of stars"
>
> Naw, that was from Jupiter mission back in 2001. This is celebrating the
> moon missions from the 60's-70's.
>
> Glad I could clear that up for you. ;)

And they found the monolith where? I seem to remember seeing the future
(2001) through the time portal back in 1968... ;)

http://imdb.com/title/tt0062622

3001: The Final Odyssey Weren't we warned not to geaux there?

Jim
July 21st 05, 04:33 PM
"Darrel Toepfer" > wrote in message

> And they found the monolith where?

On the Dark Side.

"There is no dark side of the moon really; as a matter of fact it's all
dark."

> 3001: The Final Odyssey Weren't we warned not to geaux there?

Okay, I read all the Odyssey books but don't get the "geaux" reference.

--
Jim Fisher

Darrel Toepfer
July 21st 05, 05:44 PM
Jim wrote:

> Okay, I read all the Odyssey books but don't get the "geaux" reference.

Cajun for "go"... ie. Thibodeaux, Boudreaux, Fideaux, Pulldeaux...

tom418
July 21st 05, 10:43 PM
They were right!- It is made of cheese!!!!! ;)
"Jim" > wrote in message
.. .
> http://moon.google.com/
>
> For something really interesting, keep pressing the "+" button to zoom.
>
> ;)
>
> --
> Jim Fisher

Hilton
July 22nd 05, 11:58 PM
Jim wrote:
> http://moon.google.com/

I just hope that Google's earth mapping software isn't as bad as their moon
mapping. At least they could have come somewhat remotely close to the
actual landing spots.

Hilton

Google