PDA

View Full Version : New UPS/NASCAR commercial

john smith
August 7th 05, 09:14 PM
Just watched a new UPS/NASCAR commercial where Dale Jarret is lamenting
the speed of UPS trucks being just 75 mph.
He is being driven around the UPS airplanes on the airport ramp.
His driver is telling him about UPS.
Next shot shows a UPS truck with a pair of turbofans attached to the
sides going down the runway.
The UPS guy tells Dale they had a couple spare engines lying around.

Dave
August 8th 05, 04:21 PM
THAT was a funny commercial.

They said they were gonna race the truck! I bet they do a demonstration
with a real ups truck with some kind of turbo fans on it. Kind of like
those jet cars. Seems like they would have to modify the truck quite a bit
so the engines don't take off.

"john smith" > wrote in message
. ..
> Just watched a new UPS/NASCAR commercial where Dale Jarret is lamenting
> the speed of UPS trucks being just 75 mph.
> He is being driven around the UPS airplanes on the airport ramp.
> His driver is telling him about UPS.
> Next shot shows a UPS truck with a pair of turbofans attached to the sides
> going down the runway.
> The UPS guy tells Dale they had a couple spare engines lying around.

John Clear
August 8th 05, 08:24 PM
In article >,
Dave > wrote:
>THAT was a funny commercial.
>
>They said they were gonna race the truck! I bet they do a demonstration
>with a real ups truck with some kind of turbo fans on it. Kind of like
>those jet cars. Seems like they would have to modify the truck quite a bit
>so the engines don't take off.

They really need to mount the engines alot lower. In the commercial,
for those that missed it, they were mounted on the edges of the
roof.

I wonder how long before they do a commerical with a SST (SuperSonicTruck).

John
--
John Clear - http://www.clear-prop.org/

john smith
August 8th 05, 09:07 PM
John Clear wrote:
> I wonder how long before they do a commerical with a SST (SuperSonicTruck).

As soon as their airplanes go in service. :-))

August 9th 05, 03:09 AM
What would a NASCAR driver weinie know about going fast? Good grief,
those cars still aren't as fast as the Indy racers were 40 years ago.

Morgans
August 9th 05, 03:21 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> What would a NASCAR driver weinie know about going fast? Good grief,
> those cars still aren't as fast as the Indy racers were 40 years ago.

Yeah, Nascar limits their speed, with restrictor plates, much greater
weight, higher center of gravity, more drag, less downforce, narrower tires,
burning gas instead of alcohol with conventional carburation instead of
using boost.

Did I miss anything?
--
Jim in NC