PDA

View Full Version : Iran resumes atomic work, escalates crisis

Truthseeker
August 9th 05, 07:53 AM
Iran resumes atomic work, escalates crisis:

http://www.itszone.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=39818

Who's Behind the Coming War With Iran?:

http://www.antiwar.com/orig/horton.php?articleid=6888

http://nomorewarforisrael.blogspot.com

US Support of Israel is the Gorilla in the Room:

http://representativepress.blogspot.com/2005/08/gorilla-in-room-is-us-support-for.html

The following URL includes the latest that I have on Plame-gate:

http://www.warwithoutend.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=38213

Charlie Springer
August 9th 05, 08:06 AM
On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 23:53:49 -0700, Truthseeker wrote
(in article om>):

http://representativepress.blogspot.com/2005/08/gorilla-in-room-is-us-support-

> for.html
>
> The following URL includes the latest that I have on Plame-gate:
>
> http://www.warwithoutend.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=38213

Plame-gate? You mean the top secret CIA operative married to an ambassador
and she comes and goes from an office at Langly but somehow was so low on
everybody's watch list that she could run a covert network? And her maiden
name is in Who's Who? If the people she was spying on are that dumb, then
"revealing" her CIA connection won't make any difference.

-- Charlie Springer

Rob Arndt
August 9th 05, 04:21 PM
What did you expect from a bunch of terrorist sponsor nation? Peace,
goodwill towards mankind?
Iran lies at the heart of Mideast turmoil and hates the very existence
of Israel (like most other Arab/Islamic states).
They will continue delay tactics until they can get a small arsenal of
nukes. Believe me, this has NOTHING to do with Iranian national pride
or defense but only to proliferate nukes to the point that one is for
sale to or given freely to an Islamic extremist who will smuggle one
into Israel and detonate it.
If EVER there was a time to pre-emptive strike, it is NOW.
Major war in the Mideast was predicted back in the 1970s and an East vs
West/Judeo-Christianity vs Islam war by the 1990s. We now live in those
times and war in inevitable in that region (given the number of tyrant
leaders who rob their own people and harbor/train terrorists on their
soil).
So, what is the alternative? Sit on our asses or consult with the weak,
powerless, impotent UN?
Wait for Europe (who only cares about its business contracts in the
region) to "make a deal with the Devil?" Or, follow the Israeli example
and lay their nuclear ambitions waste?
I favor the latter, using nukes or not. That may sound harsh but what
exactly do you think the outcry would be if Tel Aviv, London, D.C., or
NYC were hit by a nuclear suicide bomber?
Or should we wait for China and N Korea to develop longer range 3-stage
missiles capable of hitting CONUS? I live in northern California and we
will be in range within a matter of years from both of these nations.
National security is hardly "war-mongering" after 9/11...

Rob

Peter Kemp
August 9th 05, 06:04 PM
On 9 Aug 2005 08:21:42 -0700, "Rob Arndt" > wrote:

>Iran lies at the heart of Mideast turmoil and hates the very existence
>of Israel (like most other Arab/Islamic states).

And with some justification. Israel is not some shining white knight
in the area. Address that issue and it *will* help the attitiudes of a
lot of muslims.

>Or should we wait for China and N Korea to develop longer range 3-stage
>missiles capable of hitting CONUS? I live in northern California and we
>will be in range within a matter of years from both of these nations.
>National security is hardly "war-mongering" after 9/11...

Too late. China already has a few ICBMs that are capable of hitting
large parts of CONUS.
--
Peter Kemp

"Life is short...drink faster"

T Bird
August 9th 05, 06:51 PM
Three Cruise Missles, And that Nuke Plant will be put back Ten Years .
What year did The Isreali Air Force Bomb it ?

FatKat
August 9th 05, 07:11 PM
Peter Kemp wrote:
> On 9 Aug 2005 08:21:42 -0700, "Rob Arndt" > wrote:
>
> >Iran lies at the heart of Mideast turmoil and hates the very existence
> >of Israel (like most other Arab/Islamic states).
>
> And with some justification. Israel is not some shining white knight
> in the area. Address that issue and it *will* help the attitiudes of a
> lot of muslims.

He's right ofcourse, especially that Israel's existence is at the very
heart of those attitudes. The arabs habe proven remarkably generous -
just leave them alone and they're willing to excise the problem
themselves.

> >Or should we wait for China and N Korea to develop longer range 3-stage
> >missiles capable of hitting CONUS? I live in northern California and we
> >will be in range within a matter of years from both of these nations.

Since we spent years within range of Russian missiles and planes, I
doubt that would be all that dramatic a development.

> >National security is hardly "war-mongering" after 9/11...
>
> Too late. China already has a few ICBMs that are capable of hitting
> large parts of CONUS.

See what I wrote above - the ability to hit any part of CONUS is hardly
illustrative of power. Besides, assuming that they hit us and manage
not to draw so much as a firecracker in response, just what glorious
future is there for a China thats just disintegrated much of its
customers>

> --
> Peter Kemp
>
> "Life is short...drink faster"

Truthseeker
August 9th 05, 07:22 PM
On the Road to World War 3 (for Israel and oil in accordance with
JINSA/CSP/PNAC Neocon agenda):

http://www.itszone.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=39862

http://nomorewarforisrael.blogspot.com

HMFIC-1369
August 10th 05, 10:40 AM
"just what glorious future is there for a China thats just disintegrated
much of its
customers'

Making new ones!

"FatKat" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Peter Kemp wrote:
> > On 9 Aug 2005 08:21:42 -0700, "Rob Arndt" > wrote:
> >
> > >Iran lies at the heart of Mideast turmoil and hates the very existence
> > >of Israel (like most other Arab/Islamic states).
> >
> > And with some justification. Israel is not some shining white knight
> > in the area. Address that issue and it *will* help the attitiudes of a
> > lot of muslims.
>
> He's right ofcourse, especially that Israel's existence is at the very
> heart of those attitudes. The arabs habe proven remarkably generous -
> just leave them alone and they're willing to excise the problem
> themselves.
> >
> > >Or should we wait for China and N Korea to develop longer range 3-stage
> > >missiles capable of hitting CONUS? I live in northern California and we
> > >will be in range within a matter of years from both of these nations.
>
> Since we spent years within range of Russian missiles and planes, I
> doubt that would be all that dramatic a development.
>
> > >National security is hardly "war-mongering" after 9/11...
> >
> > Too late. China already has a few ICBMs that are capable of hitting
> > large parts of CONUS.
>
> See what I wrote above - the ability to hit any part of CONUS is hardly
> illustrative of power. Besides, assuming that they hit us and manage
> not to draw so much as a firecracker in response, just what glorious
> future is there for a China thats just disintegrated much of its
> customers>
>
> > --
> > Peter Kemp
> >
> > "Life is short...drink faster"

HMFIC-1369
August 10th 05, 10:41 AM
Ahhh The Bright (sic) One Returns?

How does your mind operate in that vacuum?

"Charlie Springer" > wrote in message
rytel.net...
> On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 23:53:49 -0700, Truthseeker wrote
> (in article om>):

http://representativepress.blogspot.com/2005/08/gorilla-in-room-is-us-suppor
t-

> > for.html
> >
> > The following URL includes the latest that I have on Plame-gate:
> >
> > http://www.warwithoutend.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=38213
>
> Plame-gate? You mean the top secret CIA operative married to an ambassador
> and she comes and goes from an office at Langly but somehow was so low on
> everybody's watch list that she could run a covert network? And her maiden
> name is in Who's Who? If the people she was spying on are that dumb, then
> "revealing" her CIA connection won't make any difference.
>
> -- Charlie Springer

old hoodoo
August 11th 05, 01:28 AM
Truthseeker wrote:
> Iran resumes atomic work, escalates crisis:
>
> http://www.itszone.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=39818

A crisis? I'm beginning to wonder. The press has gotten to the
point of crying the sky is falling every five minutes. Iran does
not think that the US will take military action and if the US does take
action it will be limited and only cement the power of the right-wingers.
Unlike the Western powers they aren't afraid of taking casualties.
Now, if they thought their government buildings might be flattened with
them in them or that the US actually would invade to establish democracy
they might desist in nuke developement but they think that America has
shot its wad by its expenditure of resources in Iraq and does not have
the will to invade or even bomb...and therefore they are willing to take
the calculated risk.
And there is a possibility that the US really doesn't fear Iran's
nuclear power but is just using the "crisis" as a political chess piece.
> Who's Behind the Coming War With Iran?:
>
> http://www.antiwar.com/orig/horton.php?articleid=6888

No one. Its not going to happen unless something extreme happens such as
another successful terrorist attack that really ****es off the US.

> http://nomorewarforisrael.blogspot.com
>
> US Support of Israel is the Gorilla in the Room:

Well, the US is not going to stop supporting Israel. If it was nothing
else, it would just a matter of national pride. The US will not abandon
Israel even in the face of nuclear threat.
It is just a fact everyone needs to get used to.

> http://representativepress.blogspot.com/2005/08/gorilla-in-room-is-us-support-for.html
>
> The following URL includes the latest that I have on Plame-gate:
>
> http://www.warwithoutend.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=38213

I am politically independent, but the more I have read about the
situation, the more disgusting the actions of Rove and Novak appear. I
used to like Novak, but regardless of how "harmless" the particular
action turned out to be, even if Plame was not an active 'operative',
the mere fact that Rove and Novak would "out" any member of the CIA for
any purpose is utterly rephrehensible. It is a sign of supreme
arrogance. Both of these men have proven themselves to have no class
and are an embarrassment to the nation.

Truthseeker
August 11th 05, 07:01 AM
Subject: U.S. Prepared to Grab Iran's Southwesten Oil Rich Providence
after Saturation Bombings

http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/

August 10, 2005 -- U.S. prepared to grab Iran's southwestern majority
Arab and oil-rich province after saturation bombing of Iranian nuclear,
chemical, and command, control, communications & intelligence (C3I)
targets. According to sources within the German Federal Intelligence
Service (Bundesnachrichtendienst - BND), the Bush administration has
drawn up plans to hit Iran's nuclear, other WMD, and military sites
with heavy saturation bombing using bunker buster bombs and tactical
nuclear weapons. The attack will be coordinated with urban and rural
critical infrastructure sabotage carried out by elements of the
People's Mujaheddin (MEK), Pentagon Special Operations units, and other
Iranian dissident groups. The German intelligence comes from classified
briefings provided by elements within the CIA that are concerned the
neocons in the Bush administration will, in attacking Iran, set off a
chain of events that will lead to world war. Intelligence on U.S. plans
to attack Iran has also been passed by CIA agents to counterparts in
France, Britain, Canada, and Australia. The Bush war plans for Iran
also entail quickly seizing Iran's southwestern Khuzestan Province,
where most of Iran's oil reserves and refineries are located. Khuzestan
has a majority Shia Arab population that has close links with their
ethnic and religious brethren in Iraq. The Bush plans call for a U.S.
military strike across the Iraqi border and from naval forces in the
Persian Gulf in answer to an appeal for assistance from the Al Ahwaz
Popular Democratic Front and Liberation Organization rebel forces in
Khuzestan, which will declare an independent Arab state of the
Democratic Republic of Ahwaz and receive diplomatic recognition from
the United States and a few close U.S. allies. After World War I,
Khuzestan was annexed by Iran, then called Persia. There are also plans
to incite rebellions among Iran's other minorities, including Azeris
and Turkmenis in the oil-rich Caspian Sea region. Other minorities
targeted by the neo-con planners are Iranian Kurds along the Iraqi and
Turkish borders and Baluchis along the border with Pakistan. The
neo-con plan seeks to separate Iran from its oil resources and create
an "Irani triangle" centered around Teheran, Isfahan, Qom, and other
historically Persian centers. In anticipation of the U.S. attack, the
spy sub USS Jimmy Carter has placed taps on undersea communications
cables in the Persian Gulf that carry Iranian commercial, diplomatic,
and military traffic. In addition, Task Force 121 covert paramilitary
forces have scouted Iran using the cover of journalists and businessmen
to pinpoint military targets.

Who's Behind the Coming War with Iran?

http://www.itszone.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=39666

FatKat
August 11th 05, 02:48 PM
Along, long time ago, HMFIC-1369 quipped:
> "just what glorious future is there for a China thats just disintegrated
> much of its
> customers'
>
> Making new ones!

Sure, just pull a couple hundred million out of a hat....

> "FatKat" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > Peter Kemp wrote:

> > > And with some justification. Israel is not some shining white knight
> > > in the area. Address that issue and it *will* help the attitiudes of a
> > > lot of muslims.
> >
> > He's right ofcourse, especially that Israel's existence is at the very
> > heart of those attitudes. The arabs habe proven remarkably generous -
> > just leave them alone and they're willing to excise the problem
> > themselves.

> > Since we spent years within range of Russian missiles and planes, I
> > doubt that would be all that dramatic a development.

> > > Too late. China already has a few ICBMs that are capable of hitting
> > > large parts of CONUS.
> >
> > See what I wrote above - the ability to hit any part of CONUS is hardly
> > illustrative of power. Besides, assuming that they hit us and manage
> > not to draw so much as a firecracker in response, just what glorious
> > future is there for a China thats just disintegrated much of its
> > customers>
> >
> > > --
> > > Peter Kemp
> > >
> > > "Life is short...drink faster"

babygrand
August 15th 05, 11:59 PM
Don't think the Israelis are gonna sit around waiting for us to take care of
this. They will pop the Iranians in a heartbeat, just like they did Iraq's
reactor. We could learn a lot from the IDF, they WILL do what it takes to
protect themselves from the Islamic scum. That's one reason they are so
hated in the Middle East, they don't **** around with these assholes.

babygrand

"Rob Arndt" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> What did you expect from a bunch of terrorist sponsor nation? Peace,
> goodwill towards mankind?
> Iran lies at the heart of Mideast turmoil and hates the very existence
> of Israel (like most other Arab/Islamic states).
> They will continue delay tactics until they can get a small arsenal of
> nukes. Believe me, this has NOTHING to do with Iranian national pride
> or defense but only to proliferate nukes to the point that one is for
> sale to or given freely to an Islamic extremist who will smuggle one
> into Israel and detonate it.
> If EVER there was a time to pre-emptive strike, it is NOW.
> Major war in the Mideast was predicted back in the 1970s and an East vs
> West/Judeo-Christianity vs Islam war by the 1990s. We now live in those
> times and war in inevitable in that region (given the number of tyrant
> leaders who rob their own people and harbor/train terrorists on their
> soil).
> So, what is the alternative? Sit on our asses or consult with the weak,
> powerless, impotent UN?
> Wait for Europe (who only cares about its business contracts in the
> region) to "make a deal with the Devil?" Or, follow the Israeli example
> and lay their nuclear ambitions waste?
> I favor the latter, using nukes or not. That may sound harsh but what
> exactly do you think the outcry would be if Tel Aviv, London, D.C., or
> NYC were hit by a nuclear suicide bomber?
> Or should we wait for China and N Korea to develop longer range 3-stage
> missiles capable of hitting CONUS? I live in northern California and we
> will be in range within a matter of years from both of these nations.
> National security is hardly "war-mongering" after 9/11...
>
> Rob

August 16th 05, 12:19 AM
old hoodoo wrote:
> > The following URL includes the latest that I have on Plame-gate:
> >
> > http://www.warwithoutend.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=38213
>
> I am politically independent, but the more I have read about the
> situation, the more disgusting the actions of Rove and Novak appear. I
> used to like Novak, but regardless of how "harmless" the particular
> action turned out to be, even if Plame was not an active 'operative',
> the mere fact that Rove and Novak would "out" any member of the CIA for
> any purpose is utterly rephrehensible. It is a sign of supreme
> arrogance. Both of these men have proven themselves to have no class
> and are an embarrassment to the nation.

Just consider the immorality demonstrated by taking
revenge on a man by attacking his wife.

--

FF

Kerryn Offord
August 16th 05, 12:22 AM
babygrand wrote:
> Don't think the Israelis are gonna sit around waiting for us to take care of
> this. They will pop the Iranians in a heartbeat, just like they did Iraq's
> reactor. We could learn a lot from the IDF, they WILL do what it takes to
> protect themselves from the Islamic scum. That's one reason they are so
> hated in the Middle East, they don't **** around with these assholes.
>
> babygrand

And just how do the Israelis get to Iran? The attack on the Iraqi
reactor was at the limit of their range.. Going something like twice the
distance..

It will be a one way trip... (probably)

Joe Delphi
August 16th 05, 03:46 AM
"babygrand" > wrote in message
> Don't think the Israelis are gonna sit around waiting for us to take care
of
> this. They will pop the Iranians in a heartbeat, just like they did
Iraq's
> reactor. We could learn a lot from the IDF, they WILL do what it takes to
> protect themselves from the Islamic scum. That's one reason they are so
> hated in the Middle East, they don't **** around with these assholes.
>
> babygrand

I agree. Because Israel is so small, it is a "one-bomb" country. All it
would take is one nuclear warhead to land in Tel Aviv and it would pretty
much be game over for that country. So Iran having nukes is a much bigger
threat to them than it is to the United States and they will probably treat
it as such. I am surprised they haven't done something about it already.

As far as the other poster who said that this will not be possible because
Iran is too far from Israel and beyond the range of the attack jets. Israel
has the ability to purchase a commercial airliner, take it over to IAI
(Israeli Aircraft Industries - a defense contractor) and have them convert
it into a tanker. I don't think that range will be a huge problem.

JD

John Dallman
August 17th 05, 01:02 AM
In article <kscMe.49158$E95.3667@fed1read01>,
(Joe Delphi) wrote:

> As far as the other poster who said that this will not be possible
> because Iran is too far from Israel and beyond the range of the
> attack jets. Israel has the ability to purchase a commercial
> airliner, take it over to IAI (Israeli Aircraft Industries - a
> defense contractor) and have them convert it into a tanker. I
> don't think that range will be a huge problem.

Israel already has several US-style aerial tankers. Getting them into
the right place for the operation, however, fairly much requires using
Turkish, Iraqi or Saudi airspace. The Turks are unlikely to cooperate.
The Saudis most unlikely. The Iraqis don't have the capability to
cooperate or not; the USA has effective control of their airspace.

So, any Israeli attack on Iraq requires US cooperation and implicitly,
endorsement. Does the USA want to take things that far just at present?
The Iraqi insurgency will get a lot worse, for starters.

Bear in mind that a US attack would probably be attributed to the Israelis
by at least some parties in the Middle East - same types of planes, and
markings are easy to change. Indeed, if the USA wanted to make an attack
on Iran that definitely couldn't have been Israeli, it needs to use
weapons that the Israelis don't possess. This isn't all that hard -
Tomahawks, B-1B, B-2A - but it does require some attention.

---
John Dallman, , HTML mail is treated as probable spam.

Google