PDA

View Full Version : Glass Goose Website revamped

wingsnaprop
December 14th 04, 02:57 PM
Looks like the Glass Goose website has been re-vamped. I know Tom Scott
was putting in a Jabiru Engine in the Goose. I wonder what the progress
on that is.

I also have started a Yahoo group for discussion about the GlassGoose
and it's potental at:

Please join.

Clear skies

geo
December 14th 04, 05:30 PM
Good news. A unique fast, 2-place composite amphib that deserves greater
success.

"wingsnaprop" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Looks like the Glass Goose website has been re-vamped. I know Tom Scott
> was putting in a Jabiru Engine in the Goose. I wonder what the progress
> on that is.
>
> I also have started a Yahoo group for discussion about the GlassGoose
> and it's potental at:

Darrel Toepfer
December 14th 04, 06:17 PM
geo wrote:

> Good news. A unique fast, 2-place composite amphib that deserves greater
> success.

Not available as homebuilt, but appears more viable:
http://www.skyshops.org/mermaid-main.htm
and has 2" more cabin width, a bit slower in cruise (might be to satisfy
the sport pilot feds)...

Darrel Toepfer
December 14th 04, 06:29 PM
Darrel Toepfer wrote:

> geo wrote:
>
>> Good news. A unique fast, 2-place composite amphib that deserves
>> greater success.
>
> Not available as homebuilt, but appears more viable:
> http://www.skyshops.org/mermaid-main.htm
> and has 2" more cabin width, a bit slower in cruise (might be to satisfy
> the sport pilot feds)...

Apparently it will be available as a homebuilt, kinda pricey though:
http://www.airplane.cz/news/news-2004-09-13.htm

geo
December 14th 04, 11:10 PM
What's the logic of a metal amphib? How long will it last in salt water
service? Why not composite which is not susceptible to corrosion?

"Darrel Toepfer" > wrote in message
.. .
> geo wrote:
>
>> Good news. A unique fast, 2-place composite amphib that deserves greater
>> success.
>
> Not available as homebuilt, but appears more viable:
> http://www.skyshops.org/mermaid-main.htm
> and has 2" more cabin width, a bit slower in cruise (might be to satisfy
> the sport pilot feds)...

Darrel Toepfer
December 15th 04, 03:56 AM
geo wrote:

> What's the logic of a metal amphib? How long will it last in salt water
> service? Why not composite which is not susceptible to corrosion?

The previous version of this bird (Seahawk) had problems keeping its
wings on... http://www.glassgoose.com/seahawker_support.html

There are lots of aluminum boats in sal****er (painted and not), just
have to make sure you used the correct alloy...

Anytime you have metal in water, you'll have electrolysis, easily fixed
with sacrificial anodes. I believe all the gear is metal, regardless of
the hull material...

Google