PDA

View Full Version : How to build my own Boeing 747 ? ? ? ? ?

Bruno Beam
December 14th 04, 11:12 PM
I tried to buy one, but they were a little bit too expensive.

But I want to start my own airline and need a 747.Can I buy a
budget-747 with wood and some old parts?

Greybeard
December 14th 04, 11:54 PM
On 14 Dec 2004 15:12:55 -0800,
(Bruno Beam) wrote:

>I tried to buy one, but they were a little bit too expensive.
>
>But I want to start my own airline and need a 747.Can I buy a
>budget-747 with wood and some old parts?

Start by cutting down the biggest redwood tree you can find, then
build a lathe and start turning. 50 gallons of redwood oil and 30
gallons of spar varnish should make that baby shine. You might be
able to find wings from an old Barling bomber to finish it.

December 15th 04, 12:45 AM
> On 14 Dec 2004 15:12:55 -0800,
> (Bruno Beam) wrote:
>
> >I tried to buy one, but they were a little bit too expensive.
> >
> >But I want to start my own airline and need a 747.Can I buy a
> >budget-747 with wood and some old parts?

You obviously need to go to:
http://www.wanttaja.com/avlinks/diy747.htm

Tim Ward

Ron Wanttaja
December 15th 04, 02:35 AM
On 14 Dec 2004 16:45:53 -0800, wrote:

>> On 14 Dec 2004 15:12:55 -0800,
>> (Bruno Beam) wrote:
>>
>> >I tried to buy one, but they were a little bit too expensive.
>> >
>> >But I want to start my own airline and need a 747.Can I buy a
>> >budget-747 with wood and some old parts?
>
>You obviously need to go to:
>http://www.wanttaja.com/avlinks/diy747.htm

You know, if there was *one* topic that I would have bet would never come up on
RAH again.... :-)

Ron "Deja Moo" Wanttaja

UltraJohn
December 15th 04, 03:51 AM
Ron Wanttaja wrote:

>>You obviously need to go to:
>>http://www.wanttaja.com/avlinks/diy747.htm
>
> You know, if there was *one* topic that I would have bet would never come
> up on RAH again.... :-)
>
> Ron "Deja Moo" Wanttaja

What percent completion are you?

too bad you had that printer failure right before printing the layout
patterns.
I had my aluminum all cleaned and ready to go!
UltraJohn

Rob Turk
December 15th 04, 07:00 AM
"Bruno Beam" > wrote in message
>I tried to buy one, but they were a little bit too expensive.

Snuggle up with your local airway CEO. One of the museums in The Netherlands
(Aviodrome at Lelystad) just bought one fully functional from KLM for 1
Euro. They initially wanted to fly it into Lelystad (EHLE), but the runway
was too narrow...

You'll have to promise to only fly it outside rural areas..

Rob

Pete Schaefer
December 15th 04, 07:21 AM
You better have some damned good wood to pleasure Darlene Druyun well enough
that she'd give you a 747....
oh wait a sec....she's not with Boeing, is she...

....so what are the old parts for?

"Bruno Beam" > wrote in message
> I tried to buy one, but they were a little bit too expensive.
>
> But I want to start my own airline and need a 747.Can I buy a
> budget-747 with wood and some old parts?

B2431
December 15th 04, 10:33 AM
>From: Ron Wanttaja
>Date: 12/14/2004 20:35 Central Standard Time
>
>On 14 Dec 2004 16:45:53 -0800, wrote:

>>You obviously need to go to:
>>http://www.wanttaja.com/avlinks/diy747.htm
>
>You know, if there was *one* topic that I would have bet would never come up
>on
>RAH again.... :-)
>
>Ron "Deja Moo" Wanttaja

Ron, why have you not kitted it out?

Dan "thinks Ron is holding out," U.S. Air Force, retired

Bob K.
December 15th 04, 06:01 PM
Earlier, Greybeard wrote:

> Start by cutting down the biggest
> redwood tree you can find...
With... A herring!

Bob "Nihilist" K.
http://www.hpaircraft.com

Anthony W
December 15th 04, 08:58 PM
"Bob K." > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Earlier, Greybeard wrote:
>
> > Start by cutting down the biggest
> > redwood tree you can find...
> With... A herring!
>
> Bob "Nihilist" K.
> http://www.hpaircraft.com

But what about the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? ;o)

Tony

Anaconda
December 15th 04, 09:08 PM
>But what about the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? ;o)

African or European?

Monty-the-python

John Ousterhout
December 16th 04, 03:42 AM
On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 02:35:49 GMT, Ron Wanttaja >
>>http://www.wanttaja.comavlinks/diy747.htm
>
>You know, if there was *one* topic that I would have bet would never come up on
>RAH again.... :-)
>
>Ron "Deja Moo" Wanttaja

I should have read the plans better back when I first got them. I've
had a .006% complete GNIEOB 474 in my hangar for the last eight years.

I never completed the eight tiny rotax powered sleigh either.

- J.O.-

Trent Moorehead
December 16th 04, 07:51 PM
"Anaconda" > wrote in message
> >But what about the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? ;o)
>
> African or European?

Huh? I-- I don't know that. Auuuuuuuugh!

Sbtypesetter
December 22nd 04, 03:14 PM
It's not all that hatd to build a full scale
747. Just get some steel woll and knit
one!
-Rick

(thanks to Phyllis Diller for the old joke)

Google