PDA

View Full Version : Peruvian airliner crashes in jungle

Bushleague
August 24th 05, 01:06 AM
Here is the incomplete story:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/08/23/peru.crash.ap/index.html

Bush

Robert M. Gary
August 24th 05, 04:21 AM
Funny that they call it a "crash" in the headline and then later call
it an emergency gear up landing at an airport. Makes for good headlines
though.

-Robert

George Patterson
August 24th 05, 05:26 AM
Robert M. Gary wrote:
> Funny that they call it a "crash" in the headline and then later call
> it an emergency gear up landing at an airport.

We don't seem to be looking at the same article.

George Patterson

Icebound
August 24th 05, 01:56 PM
"Robert M. Gary" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Funny that they call it a "crash" in the headline and then later call
> it an emergency gear up landing at an airport. Makes for good headlines
> though.

5 in one month. At least two have thunderstorms as a contributing factor.
We should remember that, the next time up in our spam cans, instrument rated
or not.

Al
August 24th 05, 04:37 PM
Ok, so if I can summarize for CNN:

Tuesday's crash on a jungle highway, in a marsh, was apparently trying to
make an emergency landing in stormy weather, about 3 kilometers from the
airport's runway.

According to reports, the plane circled the airport until attempting to make
the emergency landing, and did not report any mechanical failures, but the
crash was possibly caused by a sudden change in wind speed or direction, a
phenomenon known as wind shear.

The plane made an emergency landing, it did not appear the crash was caused
by a technical failure, although, the plane "suffered some malfunction and
we went down".

Yep, that about covers it.

AL

"Bushleague" > wrote in message